What's new

Maximising Wireless Signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TomT

Regular Contributor
Hi.

I've got my AC98U and it's in and running fine.

How does the antenna effect the wireless signal ? I have the router in a room at the back of the house and I'd like to make sure I have the best signal around the entire house.

Is there a better way to angle the antenna ?

Thanks

If it's all on a single floor, keep all antennas straight up.

If it's multiple floors, you will have to experiment yourself - all environments being different, there's no single ideal configuration.

Thanks for the reply.

2 floors, and the router is located at the back of the house.
I'll have a try and see how I get on thanks.

just to add my point oh two, i have my AP elevated (wallmounted) and while having the antennas straight up has generally been most optimal for me, i turned the antenna facing the living area (left in my case) to a 45 degree angle to get better reception for when i'm laying down. my AP is just below the ceiling, though.

I thought in previous postings as well as in documentation, it was recommended to leave atennas in W pattern.

Hi,
In my case router is on the top floor loft in 2 story house. My way of doing is I find sweet spot for router location. It matters if you move the router form there even a foot any direction. Once the spot is decided, play with antenna angle, orientation several ways
watching some thing like inSSIDer display.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!