What's new

MoCA adapter question.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yugi

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have an unused stretch of coax running from one room to another. Can I utilize it with MoCA adapters?
Should I buy 2 ECB6000 or 2 ECB6200? Is there an advantage of using ECB6200 over ECB6000? 6000 is a bit cheaper than 6200 by $20 for 2-pack.

The ECB6200 has a max speed that is twice as fast as the ECB6000. Really depends on how much speed you need. As for your first question, an unused piece of coax is a very good medium for MOCA.

I'm trying to connect my wireless router with AP, so 1 Gbps should be more than enough. Costly solution though, ethernet cable will be cheaper. But I think it's better than powerline adapters, which cost less, but the speed is also slower.

I am a huge fan of MOCA. I use it in three places in my house. The max speed for the ECB6000 is 500Mbit/s. The max speed for the ECB6200 is 1Gbit/s. I also agree it is much better than powerline. Besides being potentially faster, it is almost always more stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online