What's new

Need help creating a private network bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaxysurfer

Regular Contributor
hi,

I have a home dvr setup using a network tuner. I had been using the server pc with a vpn. Recently something changed so that the tuner can't be discovered. My only option to fix it was to disable the vpn on my server. That is not an acceptable option to me. On their support site they suggested the solution is to create a privately bridged network so that the the device will be discovered while using a vpn. I have no idea how to do this with Asuswrt-merlin. Can anyone offer me guidance on how to do this please?

The other option is to create/ use a residential proxy. Which of the two options would work best & how can I implement them?

hi,

I have a home dvr setup using a network tuner. I had been using the server pc with a vpn. Recently something changed so that the tuner can't be discovered. My only option to fix it was to disable the vpn on my server. That is not an acceptable option to me. On their support site they suggested the solution is to create a privately bridged network so that the the device will be discovered while using a vpn. I have no idea how to do this with Asuswrt-merlin. Can anyone offer me guidance on how to do this please?

It may rely on MDNS or some similar LAN only protocol for discovery. Maybe add a VPN exception to allow the discovery to bypass VPN?

Last edited: