What's new

Need help setting up Draytek 2920N to allow VNC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cremes

New Around Here
I have a Draytek Vigor 2920N. I bought it based on the recommendations in these forums for a solid router that could handle a multi-wan setup. So far it is working beautifully.

However, it's interface is quite a bit more complicated than what I am used to particularly for setting up the firewall, NAT, and other filters.

I would like to allow VNC through the firewall to a specific host (with a static IP assigned) on the inside. It's a Mac running the built in VNC server.

On the old router (DLink DIR-685) it was a simple matter to setup a port mapping to that host. What is the recommended way of doing it on the 2920N?

Thanks for any help and/or advice.

cr

I'd recommend you to look into the NAT/open port feature on Vigor2920n.
You may well setup the VNC port you'll configure and direct the port to the PC with specifying its Mac Address.

Wish it may help.;)

Yes, got it figured out.

1. In the Vigor web interface, click on the NAT item in the left menu.

2. When NAT expands, choose the "Open Ports" sub-item.

3. Click on the first available index (usually 1 if you haven't set anything yet).

4. Click on "enable open ports"

5. In the Comment field, add VNC1 (assuming you have 2 WAN ports connected)

6. Choose WAN1 as the interface

7. Choose the computer (or enter its IP) that is running the VNC server

8. Below, set up 3 ports. Choose TCP for all 3 and use ports 5500, 5800 and 5900 (that covers all of the common VNC ports)

9. Hit OK (this will take you back one page)

10. Repeat all of these operations for WAN2.

11. No need to reboot. Settings should take effect immediately.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!