What's new

Netgear R7800 - Firmware Version 1.0.2.52

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

avtella

Very Senior Member
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R7800/R7800-V1.0.2.52.zip

New Version: V1.0.2.52
Current GUI Language Version: V1.0.0.299
New GUI Language Version: V1.0.0.330

• Supports the Nighthawk app version 2.1
  • Supports the NETGEAR Smart Connect feature
  • Supports the NETGEAR Router Analytics feature
  • Supports the NETGEAR auto firmware update feature
  • Add support for SHA256 certificates in lieu of MD5 for OpenVPN
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixes security issues
  • Fixes minor bugs

Last edited:
No issues here.

2 months after working with a Lvl2 tech, I now yet again run into the 6+ month old blank page bug in the "Attached Devices" section, this is getting ridiculous as that breaks QoS functionality as well as you cant prioritize devices.

@NETGEAR Guy who else can I talk to to fix this issue.

I wonder if they now even fixed the IPV6 filtering issue...

Last edited:
I now yet again run into the 6+ month old blank page bug in the "Attached Devices" section, this is getting ridiculous as that breaks QoS functionality as well as you cant prioritize devices.
I scanned your postings but could not find a description of the this.
With "now yet again" you mean it's been working in previous release, or is it that you "still" run into the problem?
Can you describe this in detail?

I scanned your postings but could not find a description of the this.
With "now yet again" you mean it's been working in previous release, or is it that you "still" run into the problem?
Can you describe this in detail?

When you attempt to change device icon/name or even priority, page goes blank instead of applying changes to devices. Some device changes work, a lot don't. This bug has been here for many months as in multiple firmware releases, I think .36 was the last one it actually worked in. Haven't posted it in SNB forums though, if that's what you mean.

IPv6 filtering is no more if you set IPv6 Filtering option to Open (same as in previous version). I get a solid 20/20 on the test site

When you attempt to change device icon/name or even priority, page goes blank instead of applying changes to devices. Some device changes work, a lot don't. This bug has been here for many months as in multiple firmware releases, I think .36 was the last one it actually worked in. Haven't posted it in SNB forums though, if that's what you mean.
Last one it worked for me was .38 after that I think due to a security issue things were changed and the blank page for devices and QoS started. Even though I don't have the R7800 any more I am saddened to hear after all this time its not fixed as it pretty much ruins QoS on that router and that same issue hit a few other routers too. I seem to remember the R9000 having a similar problem. I have no idea why they cant sort it out, its like the router is looking for html pages that are no longer there and there are no pointers to where they should now be now.

IPv6 filtering is no more if you set IPv6 Filtering option to Open (same as in previous version). I get a solid 20/20 on the test site

Even on .46 when set to open it would at times still be filtering. A restart or even toggling it on or of could occasionally make it buggy, I demonstrated that to the L2 tech as well.

Even on .46 when set to open it would at times still be filtering. A restart or even toggling it on or of could occasionally make it buggy, I demonstrated that to the L2 tech as well.

well, for me when set to Open has always worked, and I've done quite a few IPv6 tests over time. I have no idea why it doesn't for others. Could be some strange combination of ISP and OS. Keep in mind that Windows firewall by default filters ICMPv6 as I have been told by a few Win 10 users. I'm not on Windows so can't verify

well, for me when set to Open has always worked, and I've done quite a few IPv6 tests over time. I have no idea why it doesn't for others. Could be some strange combination of ISP and OS. Keep in mind that Windows firewall by default filters ICMPv6 as I have been told by a few Win 10 users. I'm not on Windows so can't verify

Yeah I made the necessary changes in Windows firewall as it blocks on default. iOS works properly though so having used multiple devices I can say it was some weird bug with the router.

I don't have this problem, and don't know how to repeat it.
But I think like Killhippie that .38 was last working version.
In .40 there was a change in basic_home.htm and introducing the file "basic_home_result.txt" that is never changed/filled with results in my router.

So if you are in the mode and have the knowledge, you can try these 2 things, one at a time:
1). Rename the basic_home_result.txt file with: mv /www/basic_home_result.txt /www/basic_home_result.txt.bup
And logout and login again to the router GUI.
2). copy and use /www/basic_home.htm from .38 release
And logout and login again to the router GUI.

Trying it. Just dropped 5.4ghz channel. Never had that happen with previous and Voxel's versions.

Netgear pushed out something not quite ready for prime time?

Yeah the ICMP v6 filter issue is still there, confirmed by Netgear last time I worked with them, seems still not fixed. Toggling it on and off and a restart or two and will work until another restart and then back to square one. Wish I had it working like you :(.

Last edited:
Yeah the ICMP v6 filter issue is still there, confirmed by Netgear last time I worked with them, seems still not fixed. Toggling it on and off and a restart or two and will work until another restart and then back to square one. Wish I had it working like you :(.

Quality Control at Netgear is beyond poor if this issue is still present, and people have been reporting/complaining about it for over 7 months now......

Uploaded yesterday- started experiencing frequent iOS dropouts on the 2.4 GHz band, for both iPhone and iPad- no joy when toggling "Smart Connect" feature. Rolled back to 1.0.2.46.

Weird no WiFi issues here, have over 20 devices between 2.4/5Ghz bands, did you factory reset? Try not to use old configuration either as some changes can cause issues with old config files.

Looks as a hard nut to crack...

OK. Let's see. Still waiting for GPL codes.

Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!