What's new

Network map on 378.50

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Veky

Regular Contributor
It now shows static, manual and DHCP for clients which is nice.

I'm trying to set up a name for a wired PC with a static IP address, when I click OK it shows "This entry has been in list" and doesn't accept the change.

Then I tried to set the name for another device. It accepted the name change, rebooted the router and put the client in the DHCP reservation list for some reason.

When you click on a client, there's a lock/unlock button. What does this actually do?

Also, when you reboot the router none of the configured names work until the clients renew their IP address.

Looks like Asus broke it.

The lock is to setup a static lease, which is required if you want to also allocate a static name.

I recommend doing so from the DHCP page instead of the Network map.

Thanks.

Looks like it does populate the names for clients in the network map after rebooting, you just have to wait for a while.

Workaround for the PC was to set it to DHCP, change the name in the network map and then set it back to static IP.