What's new

NSF table won't save

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

loboy23

New Around Here
Hi all! Noob here. Hoping someone can help diagnose this problem. Currently running a RT-AC86U on stock 386.51529, in router mode behind a cable modem that bridged. I want to close port 445, as described here, but it won't save for whatever reason. I put in the port number '445' in the destination port range, hit the "+", click Apply, the screen shows "Applying settings". When the screen refreshes, there's still "no data in table." In fact, I tried other ports, like 21, 22, with same result. Multiple tries, same result. Log does indicate the firewall restarted with the message "rc_service: httpd 25375:notify_rc restart_firewall", every time I did this.

I first tried the usual cold boot, then restore with "initialize all settings" checked, and finally bit the bullet and did a hard factory reset (method 2). None of which made any difference. My other option would be to redo the firmware again, but curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I'd swear it was working before.

Thanks.

Unless you have a port specifically open or UPnP enabled you are OK. Also do not enable access to the router from the web. Use a VPN server on the router if you need to manage it from the web. Instantguard works well and is easy to set up.

Currently running a RT-AC86U on stock 386.51529, in router mode behind a cable modem that bridged. I want to close port 445, as described here, but it won't save for whatever reason.
The Network Services Filter not saving is a known issue in a few of the recent Asus firmware versions. Been discussed recently in a few other posts/threads:

You may have to wait (assuming there isn't a way to script a fix using SSH) for Asus to fix it in the 386.x firmware. They did supposedly fix it in the 3.0.0.4.388_23565 firmware just pushed out last week for certain AX series routers.
- Fixed a GUI bug that occurred when adding port range rules in the Network Service Filter.

Thanks for those two links @bennor. I guess I didn't cast my net wide enough and missed those posts. Although both were different model routers, still good to know others are seeing the same issue. This saves me from going through reloading the firmware.

Doing the script fix (if there is one) is above my head, but if that's the only way, I'll have to dive in and learn to do it. Hopefully this is just a GUI issue, and not another hole that needs to be plugged🤞.

Apologize for making this thread longer than it needs to be. How does one mark it as solved?

Just a quick update for those who may come across this thread about the NSF table not saving. I updated my RT-AC86U today with the latest stock firmware 386_51915, and glad to see this issue has been fixed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!