What's new

Outlook for 3.0.0.6 and 3.0.0.4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maxbraketorque

Very Senior Member
Merlin, now that 3.0.0.6 is out, I'm curious if you have any thoughts on how much longer you will create 388.x FWs for routers that are now have 3.0.0.6 available. Presumably its going to take many months for you to switch over to 3.0.0.6 for those routers, so I'm curious as to whether you will release any 388.x FWs for those routers in the interim.

388.xxx firmware will be released 'as needed/if needed', I'm sure. 3.0.0.6.xxx is not out (at least, not until RMerlin has the GPL blobs in hand).

Not RMerlin, of course, but this is what I've picked up reading the forums.

routers that are now have 3.0.0.6 available

My suggestion to folks running new 3.0.0.6 firmware - test and report findings to Asus. You have months time to do so. Good Asuswrt-Merlin release comes on top of good Asuswrt. The more things are fixed by Asus and the more RMerlin knows about existing Asuswrt base issues the better.

My suggestion to folks running new 3.0.0.6 firmware - test and report findings to Asus. You have months time to do so. Good Asuswrt-Merlin release comes on top of good Asuswrt. The more things are fixed by Asus and the more RMerlin knows about existing Asuswrt base issues the better.

I was on 102.4856 almost since the day it was released, and now on 102.21514, and both are working fine. I'm not expecting Merlin to fix anything. Since there are a few key Merlin FW features that I miss, I'm just pondering whether it makes sense to go back to Merlin 388.x for a while or wait for Merlin 102.x.

I'm not expecting Merlin to fix anything.

I'm not expecting RMerlin to support Asuswrt-Merlin on all 386, 388 and significantly different 102 firmware versions.

I have yet to decide whether I will go forward with 3.0.0.6 or not, since I haven't seen a single line of code to be able to evaluate it yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!