What's new

Ping spikes Asus Ax3000V2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Majkl86

New Around Here
Hello,

I have continuosly ping spikes every 2 minutes. Look at the screens from ping plotter from evening - low traffic. I dont know where could be problem, my ISP provide 1gb/500mb internet connection.

I swittched off every tool like Ai Mesh, firewall, smart connection, all clunky tools on router.

I use cable CAT8 from fiber changer to router.
I think it is problem of Asus router ax3000v2.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you, sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_113156.jpg
    IMG_20231119_113156.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20231119_113135.jpg
    IMG_20231119_113135.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 40
Let's check for the "Elephant in the room" first! Are you running any other network-checking services? On this board and elsewhere we occasionally see users running internet speed testers as often as every few minutes - and guess what, this can (will) cause ping spikes!
So any other network-checking software at play either on your machine, the router, or the network?

Thanks, my network homebase is represent by computer LAN connected, PS5 LAN connected, TV Phillips wifi, Android TV module Xiaomi wifi, 2 phones wifi (android and apple). Thats all.

My connection with ISP is based on automatic IP adress. Maybe they checking?

Thanks

Turning off the services you mentioned maybe isn't enough.

Go to Administration, Privacy, and Withdraw from each section it presents.

Then, reboot the router (via the GUI).

Test again for spikes.

Turning off the services you mentioned maybe isn't enough.

Go to Administration, Privacy, and Withdraw from each section it presents.

Then, reboot the router (via the GUI).

Test again for spikes.
Still have ping spikes. My ISP told me that doesnt see any ping spikes on fiber socket

You shouldn't have disabled your firewall. Enable it immediately.

Sounds like you're randomly changing the settings?

Unplug all LAN devices. Disable all Guest wireless SSID's. Change the main wireless SSID's and don't tell anyone.

Connect with your trusted computer and check for spikes.

If the problem is not resolved, then your router is not in a good/known state.

I would perform a full reset to factory defaults at this point.

Do not use a saved backup config file to configure the router.

Perform a minimal and manual installation process to connect to your ISP and secure the router.

I have continuosly ping spikes every 2 minutes. Look at the screens from ping plotter from evening - low traffic. I dont know where could be problem, my ISP provide 1gb/500mb internet connection.

I swittched off every tool like Ai Mesh, firewall, smart connection, all clunky tools on router.

I use cable CAT8 from fiber changer to router.
I think it is problem of Asus router ax3000v2.

Looks like something upstream, not the router itself...

Unplug all LAN devices. Disable all Guest wireless SSID's. Change the main wireless SSID's and don't tell anyone.

Perform a minimal and manual installation process to connect to your ISP and secure the router.
Tried everything you wrote, nothing changed. Now i am doing factory reset

I have choice to switch to Tomato, what do you think? I tried everything, change lan cables, nothing helps. Thank you

Personally, I would return/sell it.

Some people think this is the 'replacement' for the excellent RT-AX68U.

Not by a long shot.

I have choice to switch to Tomato, what do you think?

Only if your router is exactly TUF-AX3000 V2 model.

What you see is perhaps not router related issue. Something upstream as @sfx2000 suspected.

There is no such thing as a 'gaming router'. Regardless of poor marketing agendas.

With your indicated ISP speeds, I would be looking at the very least, the GT-AX6000 or the RT-AX88U Pro. And run it with RMerlin firmware.

There is no such thing as a 'gaming router'. Regardless of poor marketing agendas.

With your indicated ISP speeds, I would be looking at the very least, the GT-AX6000 or the RT-AX88U Pro. And run it with RMerlin firmware.
Hello, i have idea...i did factory reset, but router did reset with newest firmware published 15 8.2023. Maybe i can try flash with oldest firmware from 2022...what do you think?

Even if it works with firmware from 2022, what is the point? An insecure router is like no router at all.

It means perhaps unrelated to you router, but coming from your ISP connection.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!