What's new

Problem in 3.0.0.4.374.38_1 build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tundrwd

Occasional Visitor
Just installed Asus/Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.38_1, reset to default, and have been resetting all settings manually. About halfway done checking (most things I've left to default).

A problem on the Advanced_WAN_Content.asp page (WAN/Internet Connection):

The username and password under the "Account Setting" section always default to the 2.4Ghz SSID and password - NOT the ISP user/password. EVEN IF YOU MANUALLY RESET THESE TWO FIELDS AND HIT APPLY - they default again to the 2.4Ghz SSID and password.

Knocked me off the internet for a minute, then quickly saw the problem.

NOTE - I printed out each "page" to make sure of settings, installed the firmware from my computer - after it rebooted, it came back up - things looked normal and worked - however, I followed the instructions for the 3.0.0.4.274.33 that said if coming from a version older then 3.0.0.4.374.xxx I needed to reset to default - then manually reconfigure. I was coming from a 3.0.0.4.372 version - so I reset, and have been reconfiguring manually.

Add - the "Advanced_OpenVPNClient_Content.asp" page does the same thing - shows the 2.4Ghz SSID as username and the 2.4Ghz password as the password in the "Basic Settings" page for userid and password - which should be the userid and password for the VPN Client

Also note - I am using a Mac with Mavericks, and Safari. I'll do some checking with Firefox to confirm this isn't some "auto userid/password fill-in-the-blank" going on with Safari.

Quick update - this may well be a Safari issue and userid/password fill-in-the-blank issue. FF 26.0 does NOT exhibit this behavior.

So - warning to others - those fields appear to be "refilled" by Safari when the page refreshes. Any change to the page and hitting "Apply" will set your userid/password field(s) (on whatever applicable page) to - apparently, your 2.4GHZ SSID and password.

I'll check into seeing if there's a way to specifically disable this Safari feature for the router.

So - for time being - does not appear to be bug in Asus/Merlin - but an issue with at least the Safari browser on a Mac running Mavericks.

Clearly a browser issue... not present on Firefox or Chrome..