What's new

Problem loading 384.9 on an RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mstrel

New Around Here
I'm currently running ASUSWRT-Merlin 384.8_2 and I'm attempting to upload 384.9. I've done this many, many times and never had a problem (been running Asuswrt-Merlin since 378.52_0).
ASUS FW upload screen shot.PNG

As soon as I click the "Upload" button, I almost immediately get a progress dialog box that says:
394.9_0 upload attempt.PNG

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from
incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the
version of firmware and try again."

The file I'm attempting to upload is: RT-AC68U_384.9_0.trx
I tried downloading it from the Main site twice and also from the Mirror site, all with the same result.

Has anyone else had issues with the file?
Any suggestions?

The file I'm attempting to upload is: RT-AC68U_384.9_0.trx
I tried downloading it from the Main site twice and also from the Mirror site, all with the same result.

Has anyone else had issues with the file?
Any suggestions?
I downloaded and successfully used just yesterday the .trx content of the RT-AC68U_384.9_0.zip file to upgrade my RT-68P from Asus official FW.

Did you try validating the SHA256 key of the .trx file?

Last edited:
If you are on Windows, you can run a built-in PowerShell command:
Code:
Get-FileHash .\<Filename.trx>

Try a reboot before uploading the new file.

I did a reboot via turning off the power switch AND by unplugging the power for ~1 minute. Still get the same result. (trying to avoid a factory reset)

How much free memory on the Tools page?

Free Memory: 126 MB of 250 MB
It is NOT a TM branded one it is a pure Asus RT-AC68U.
and I don't have any USB devices connected.

Try a different browser or computer. Maybe you've got a browser plugin or anti-virus that is messing with the upload.

EDIT: Ha! Dave beat me to it.:)

Try a different browser or computer. Maybe you've got a browser plugin or anti-virus that is messing with the upload.

EDIT: Ha! Dave beat me to it.:)
I deleted my post in deference to your superior router-fu!

Good suggestion, I was using Edge...now trying Chrome, and...same result (ugh). I'll try my MacBook next.

Success (via MacBook)!

Now I wonder what my problem was...Windows 10, fully updated, running Vipre anti virus. Never had this problem before. Oh well, I'll see what happens with the next upgrade.

Thanks for all your help guys!