What's new

Problem on router login

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HowTo

New Around Here
Good day

I have a problem with RT-AX86U router.
This is what I get when trying to log into the router.

Asus Router.jpg

Any suggestion how to solve this.
Did windows err_tunnel connection failed.

Did a router reset. Then it works ok for a moment or two. Then back to this.

Last edited:
Nope not one of them work.
Sounds like a DNS issue. Have you changed any DNS settings on the router from their default values?

Are you using a VPN or proxy server?

Does this problem happen on all devices or only this one PC?

What does this return on the client?
Code:
nslookup router.asus.com

Last edited:
Sounds like a DNS issue. Have you changed any DNS settings on the router from their default values?

Are you using a VPN or proxy server?

Does this problem happen on all devices or only this one PC?

What does this return on the client?
Code:
nslookup router.asus.com
"Are you using a VPN or proxy server?" really don't know what you asking? My fiber runs into ONT from their straight to ASUS router. I have fiber connection currently.
Can browse, but can't login into router.

"Does this problem happen on all devices or only this one PC?" did try to upgrade a router on the Asus network, fails every time.

nslookup.jpg

This is what I got from your request, above.

Sorry for the late replies. I'm in South Africa.

"Does this problem happen on all devices or only this one PC?" did try to upgrade a router on the Asus network, fails every time.
Sorry, I don't understand your reply. I was asking whether you had tried to access the router's web interface on a completely different PC, and whether that also had to same problem. In other words, is this a problem that only effects one specific PC?

Sorry, I don't understand your reply. I was asking whether you had tried to access the router's web interface on a completely different PC, and whether that also had to same problem. In other words, is this a problem that only effects one specific PC?
Will give it a bash in the morning on a different laptop.

Good day

It works on different laptop, I can excess Asus login screens.

Good day

It works on different laptop, I can excess Asus login screens.

Some browsers are forcing redirect to https:// now and by default the asus doesn't have that enabled. You can disable that in the browser settings.

Think this solved the issue
Login Asus.jpg

Gave permission ! not secure.
Tnx all to put me in the right direction.

Other picture gave this.

Domain.jpg

What that means?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!