What's new

Problem with asus firmware and download master

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fonzy35

New Around Here
asus firmware with download master, they don't dowload any private torent anymore, i'm subscribe to private torrent site, still download master won't downlaod them.

any fix in the works?

Thanks for reply
RT-AX58U(RT-AX3000) with firmware merlin 388.1.0
Looks like it's broken(like you said in December 2022) in the last version of download master v3.xx(DHT and PEX disable) for the private torrent, but not for others torrent

RT-AC1900P(RT-AC68U) with merlin firmware v386.1.2
My old RT-AC1900P with merlin firmware, got old dm v2.x, i didn't update to the latest version of( DM v3.xx and DHT and PEX disable) on the RT-AC1900P, and all worked private torrent and other torrent

P.S. I'm subscribed to the torrent private site and loggin in web browser ,when doing the testing

I updated download master on my Asus Merlin's router and
Download master 3.1.0.111_arm.ipk works now with private torrent site

I updated download master on my Asus Merlin's router and
Download master 3.1.0.111_arm.ipk works now with private torrent site
But it has lost the "Download Master utility (windows)" integration completely.
I can't load any torrent files with the 2.2.3.4 version using Download master ver. 3.1.0.111 at all !
Maybe the windows utility needs to be updated too but it's still on version 2.2.3.4

PS: 2.2.3.4 version of Download Master utility (windows) has a glicth for ages, no one seems to care.
You can not highlight & select the 1st row (what ever it is) in order to take actions (pause, resume, remove etc.)

ASUS needs to update all side-programs too...

Last edited:
But it has lost the "Download Master utility (windows)" integration completely.
I can't load any torrent files with the 2.2.3.4 version using Download master ver. 3.1.0.111 at all !
Maybe the windows utility needs to be updated too but it's still on version 2.2.3.4

PS: 2.2.3.4 version of Download Master utility (windows) has a glicth for ages, no one seems to care.
You can not highlight & select the 1st row (what ever it is) in order to take actions (pause, resume, remove etc.)

ASUS needs to update all side-programs too...
i use the android app version 1.16.10 Download Master work good, and on chrome browser 192.168.1.1:8081
p.s.
on my torrent private site, when i check wich torrent is seeding, it say i use transmission2.92

Last edited:
Same issue happening with RTAX-3000 router. Download Master windows utility app not downloading any torrent (private/public). However android utilityn & web GUI are working fine.

DM latest version 3.1.0.112 and NOTHING Changed !
Can NOT load any torrent files with the Download Master utility (windows) 2.2.3.4 version using Download master ver. 3.1.0.112 (latest)

2.jpg

Also, Download Master utility (windows) 2.2.3.4 is not updating (or even checking)

1.jpg

Old problems with Download Master Utility (windows) 2.2.3.4 are still not fixed...
- You can not highlight & select the 1st row of the downloading file list, in order to take actions (pause, resume, remove etc.)
- You can not check for new version, cause it says "No internet connected"

C'on ASUS, you just broke a semi-working program and did not even bother fixing it ?

Last edited:
DM updated to the latest version 3.1.0.114 and NOTHING Changed still !
Can NOT load any torrent files with the Download Master utility (windows) 2.2.3.4 version using Download master ver. 3.1.0.114 (latest)

C'on ASUS, you just broke a "semi-working program" and did not even bother fixing it ? :rolleyes:

Also, starting latest version 3.1.0.114 cannot add any magnet link to DM directly from web GUI. Anyone having same issue?

stupidly broke my own rule and updated a working install - was fine with 3.1.0.112 but 3.0.1.114 does have issues with some magnet links
but there is a workaround (aka pain in the arse)
what i have found (so far) is that if the there are plus signs in the magnet link then DM won't accept it
if you swap out the plus for a point/full stop then the link works

e.g. not working:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8BB0BE706EB2CFCFDCF44B2DAADF3952B0B876FF&dn=something+something+1080p+WEB+H264&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexplodie.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2960&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2980

working:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8BB0BE706EB2CFCFDCF44B2DAADF3952B0B876FF&dn=something.something.1080p.WEB.H264&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexplodie.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2960&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2980

unfortunately my favourite torrent site always uses + signs in their links so i'm going to have to search and replace every time but nothing is ever free as they say

also spent a long time trying hacking around in the ipkg file installer to convince the router to not download the latest DM but so far that's not a success
maybe Asus will hear the cries of anguish from the hundred or so downloadmaster users and rush out a fix. roll on 3.1.0.116...

@mogston thank you!
Where or how can we notify this to Asus? Something similar happens to ed2k links with blank spaces on it. In order to work in DM you have to replace it with % sign.

If you're using merlin's firmware I don't see any reason at all to use download master. In fact there are endless reasons why you shouldn't, only one of which being that it doesn't really work. Merlin even says don't use it! If you must use a torrent client on the router then install entware and transmission, use transmission remote gui if you don't like the webgui, and you'll never look back. Instructions can be found here I'm no computer wizz but I managed to do it. No more messing about with endlessly buggy firmware.

If you're using merlin's firmware I don't see any reason at all to use download master. In fact there are endless reasons why you shouldn't, only one of which being that it doesn't really work. Merlin even says don't use it! If you must use a torrent client on the router then install entware and transmission, use transmission remote gui if you don't like the webgui, and you'll never look back. Instructions can be found here I'm no computer wizz but I managed to do it. No more messing about with endlessly buggy firmware.
Thanks for the advice but the main problem of transmission seems to be reformatting the drive as Ext2 or Ext3. NTFS is not supported.
Additionally, the Download Master is an OK app/service for me which ASUS should keep on supporting... That was one of the main reasons of masses initial purchase for ASUS routers/modems.
Transmission will be on my radar if only it supports NTFS file format.

Hi, well, I used to also think that it was NTFS or nothing. But why? If the drive is plugged into the router Ext2 or 3 drives can still be shared with other windows (I assume you use) PCs. Or you can format a tiny drive to ext3 and set transmission to save the files elsewhere when finished. Honestly, I stayed stuck in the mud over this for quite a few years. I battled on with DM for over a decade. A big mistake in my opinion. Once I switched I couldn't understand why I'd not done it years ago. Download Master is rubbish. No one can help you make it work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!