What's new

problem with galaxy s3 and this router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asd

New Around Here
Hi everyone. I just bought this router and seem to be having bad battery drain on my galaxy s3 when I'm connected to it. The orange wifi down arrow constantly flashes which leads me to believe that is the issue.
I'm am on the latest firmware. Does anyone else w/ the same phone have this issue? Messing w/the dtim and beacon interval seem to help a little bit, but not 100%. Any suggestions?

update

So far, I have confirmed that this problem only happens when I'm connected to this router. The problem doesn't happen on my netgear wndr3700, my old linksys, and cisco APs. I also tried different roms and kernels and I still have the same issue....just thought of this....I think they were all Jellybean roms, so i'll try a ics one to see if it happens.

Does anyone else have a gs3 that can confirm that the orange download arrow is constantly flashing w/ this router?

Hi everyone. I just bought this router and seem to be having bad battery drain on my galaxy s3 when I'm connected to it. The orange wifi down arrow constantly flashes which leads me to believe that is the issue.
I'm am on the latest firmware. Does anyone else w/ the same phone have this issue? Messing w/the dtim and beacon interval seem to help a little bit, but not 100%. Any suggestions?
I have two S3's and both connect to my AC66U set up as a router and the other set up as a media bridge without issue.

I've had an S3 since the 1st day they came out. I've experienced nothing like this...but then again...I also realize the router has nothing to do with all the bloatware and background processing on the S3. Find a "kill list" and go through your apps. Also check if some apps are set to operate when connected only to wifi.

I run movies via LAN and also lots of streaming radio through the S3. No issues at all with the Asus router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!