What's new

QoS problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

t2clej

Occasional Visitor
I have had difficulty searching for solution as QoS is too short and returns search error.

I have RT-AC68 running Merlin 380.57

The QoS function seems to work intermittently at best. Recently setup bandwidth limiter with xbox to get 3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up. My son went to download a game today and when I look at the QoS meter, the xbox is using 15Mb/s which is my max download from ISP. Anyone have ideas on how to fix.

If not something that can be fixed, can someone give advice for router (wired or wireless) that allow QoS bandwidth limiting per device? I still would like to use the two RT-AC68's I have. Neighbor just installed Ubiquiti product and it seems to allow bandwidth limiting.

Thanks.

Same issue. This used to work quit well. At one point I disabled the QoS,
today enabled it to limit my two kids to each 2.2 mbps download.
Well, it worked on one of them, not the other, that is utilizing the remaining bandwith.
I found earlier that the bandwith limiter worked as expected, but updated
to 380.57 some time ago - might try to revert to previous version to check if this does not go away.
Interrested in others experience

I will try this out.
Maybe it's possible to configure the ASUS bandwidth limiter manually? If you prefer not to use my script,
Code:
nvram set qos_enable=1
nvram set qos_type=2
nvram set qos_bw_rulelist="1>AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF>1024>256>0"
nvram commit
service restart_qos
service restart_firewall

WHERE:
qos_bw_rulelist = enable>addr>DL-Ceil>UL-Ceil>prio
  • enable : enable or disable this rule
  • addr : (source) IP or MAC or IP-range or wireless interface(wl0.1, wl0.2, etc.)
  • DL-Ceil : the max download bandwidth
  • UL-Ceil : the max upload bandwidth
  • prio : priority for client

Each field is delimited by '>' character and each rule is delimited by '<' character.

Last edited:
ASAT - thank you. I'm not sure I have the knowledge to use the script.

Is anyone using the ASUS QoS with older version of Merlin? Maybe I should downgrade?