What's new

Reboot Scheduler not working?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ABuNeNe

Occasional Visitor
Have enabled the Reboot Scheduler on my 68U but does not seem to work. Running the cru l shows one entry only. Any idea?

KmSIWSw[1].png

IFtQoLj[1].png

Set up a continous ping on a WLAN/LAN client to the router, then schedule a reboot for 5 mins from NOW, then see if the ping stops in 5 mins and eventually restarts.

Set up a continous ping on a WLAN/LAN client to the router, then schedule a reboot for 5 mins from NOW, then see if the ping stops in 5 mins and eventually restarts.
Or just look in the system log to see if it rebooted (or check the uptime) :)

^^^ Just wanted the OP to get that immediate visual feedback and warm fuzzy feeling from seeing it in real-time. :) Esp. since it's highly likely to be working just fine.

uptime shows more than 7 days
Did you try the suggestion in post #3, schedule a reboot for 5 mins from NOW? Your screenshot only shows it set to reboot once a week so perhaps there was a reason it missed the last time.

Did you try the suggestion in post #3, schedule a reboot for 5 mins from NOW? Your screenshot only shows it set to reboot once a week so perhaps there was a reason it missed the last time.
yes, I tried scheduled a reboot 5 mins from now and did a continuous ping and the router did not reboot.

just wondering if there a way to check why it's not working if not I could flash the latest firmware and do a factory reset

FWIW, I can't get the scheduler to work either (using 386.4). And I also have the RT-AC68U. I never use the feature, so it's not something I would have noticed failing until now. I even tried UTC, still didn't work.

I did notice the following in the syslog at the time I set the new reboot time, but I don't know if it's related to this feature.

Code:
Feb 16 03:41:38 hour_monitor: daemon is starting
Feb 16 03:41:38 hour_monitor: daemon terminates

When the time was reached, nothing happened. And no messages in the syslog either.

When was the last time you reset the router to default and configured it manually?

Not sure if this would work, but how about create a simple cronjob to temporarily get around this?

cru a rebootrouter "0 3 * * mon reboot"

Last edited:
Not sure if this would work, but how about create a simple cronjob to temporarily get around this?

cru a rebootrouter "0 3 * * mon reboot"
The proper reboot command for Asuswrt-Merlin is
Code:
service reboot
or else some services are not properly shut down when rebooting.

FYI in amtm, option rs is the option to configure a scheduled reboot that is run by cron job. I included it because some users reported problems with the WebUI built in option, just as OP has.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!