What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any idea what could be causing this?

If the region is indeed the same, then it indicates a different revision. This is hardcoded at the bootloader level, and therefore cannot be changed by the end user. Chances are the newer model was validated using newer regulations, and therefore is able to support more channels than the original one.

If the region is indeed the same, then it indicates a different revision. This is hardcoded at the bootloader level, and therefore cannot be changed by the end user. Chances are the newer model was validated using newer regulations, and therefore is able to support more channels than the original one.

It seems to include all the valid channels for the Netherlands (guessing since 31 is the country code for the netherlands, that's the meaning of country_rev=31), but if I choose anything other than 'auto', then I can only select/apply 36 40 44 48... anything else, once applied, goes back to 'auto', channel 36 is chosen, and "Auto select channel including DFS channels" appears. If I reboot, 'auto' selects channel 100'.

And whatever I choose, I get no option other than 'auto' for the extension channel.

You'll only have the 'Auto' option if you select 20/40/80 or 80MHz bandwidth.

Not quite sure what you're saying... If I select 20MHz bandwidth, true, there is no option for Extension Channel. If I select any other bandwidth option, the Extension Channel appears with a dropdown box next to it, however it only contains the option "Auto". If I select a specific control channel, then I would expect the Extension Channel list to have channels above and below the control channel I selected, but it still only contains the option "Auto".

Wouldn't the bootloader then have a different version? Both the routers report bootloader version 1.0.1.4.

Hi,

Tried
380.65_2 on the AC3200 and reset my settings to Factory and still getting timeouts every minute, WAN dropouts and can't access the Web UI, I tried the Alpha 66 and have the same problem.

Flashed the 380.65 and it works perfectly fine, I'm not sure what is causing it :(

Hi,

Tried
380.65_2 on the AC3200 and reset my settings to Factory and still getting timeouts every minute, WAN dropouts and can't access the Web UI, I tried the Alpha 66 and have the same problem.

Flashed the 380.65 and it works perfectly fine, I'm not sure what is causing it :(

Probably because you choose Font size 26 and bold for this post :p

why??

If you look at GITHUB you will see that the only changes are the Network Map / CVE's code, plus two minor code fixes.

So you already have your answer:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commits/380.65_x

Good to have your confirmation about the issue also present on RT-AC3200 380.66, thank you.

Managed to get a connection for long enough to run the command/capture the output. Not sure the specific entry to check for, but there are a few MAC values listed:
0:macaddr=F8:32:E4:A6:D1:44
1:macaddr=F8:32:E4:A6:D1:40
2:macaddr=F8:32:E4:A6:D1:48
et0macaddr=F8:32:E4:A6:D1:40
wan_hwaddr=c0:3e:0f:5a:1d:4c
I think I may see the problem....can you post the output of

nvram show | grep gmac3

EDIT: Doesn't have to be on 65_2.....base 65 is fine

Last edited:
Wouldn't the bootloader then have a different version? Both the routers report bootloader version 1.0.1.4.

Not necessarily. The variables are written in the bootloader at manufacturing time, they aren't part of the "original" bootloader image. That's why US and EU routers can have the same bootloader, yet different default values.

/networkmap code from RT-AC3200 7266 GPL and others 7266 models is different, so I guess the issue is here:

They're identical.

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~$ colordiff -r asuswrt.380-7266-ac88/release/src/router/networkmap/ asuswrt.380-7266-ac3200/release/src/router/networkmap | more
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~$

Sorry, what I ment was 7266 code merged on your repo is different from original 7266, ive also noticed that the shutils.c and shutils.h being used is from ../shared and not from /networkmap.

Last edited:
Sorry, what I ment was 7266 code merged on your repo is different from original 7266, ive also noticed that the shutils.c and shutils.h being used is from ../shared and not from /networkmap.

Yes, that's because the branch from which 7266 was merged was missing some fixes that were present in 4180, if I remember correctly.

I use the ../shared/ copy of shutils because it made no sense to have two copies of the same files, which might end up getting out of sync with security fixes. I made that change a few years ago.

Check the 2 files content, quite different.

shared/shutils.c
networkmap/shutils.c

Check the 2 files content, quite different.

That's what I meant by getting out of sync. One got updated over time, the other is still the same many-years-old version of the code.

Another possibility (I can't test it) as a temporary fix for the AC3200 on 65_2.....

nvram set stop_gmac3=1
nvram commit

then reboot

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!