What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was pointed to the following command in this forum post. It has worked wonders for me, but just remember that you need to reissue the command every time after a firmware upgrade.

Code:
for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

Where do you run this command? Do you ssh to the router and do it or what?

Thanks you RMerlin for this update, i'll try it on my main AC68U router later and will post an update here.

I don't keep up with everything as much as I would like, but is MU-MIMO actually functioning? Last I knew there was a pretty severe and (looking like) uncorrectable hardware problem with MU-MIMO on these routers...or at least some of them. Is this on its way to working?

I did always enable on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz since it came out (Alpha), never had issue with any device.

Last edited:
Where do you run this command? Do you ssh to the router and do it or what?

Yes you need to use SSH to run this command on the router.

Install putty if you don't use it.

BTW. Using 67 on my 3100 with no issues works excellent. Kudos Eric !! :):D

Hi,

Any thoughts on the below (AC87u with 380.67 upgraded yesterday from 380.66)? Doesn't change on reboot.

Thanks

View attachment 9852

Picture.jpg

I am seeing the same thing.

The Check button on the Firmware Upgrade
will immediately check for final releases or beta (if you
select that option), but not both at the same time.
Thanks for pointing that out @sbailey4 . Yet I still disagree with WaD vs Bug.
Name one vendor, firmware or a software package on any platform that'd leave you stuck on the beta after the final is already published.

I never did try the 380.66_x versions of firmware, but his one caught my eye with the decreased memory utilization for my Asus 3200 router. So far the upgrade went flawlessly, I ran the NVRAM unused variable cleanup command, and am now sitting with a nice low NVRAM usage of 51729 / 65536 bytes.

So far the GUI is very responsive, NVRAM utilization is low, and wireless devices are working as expected, but I will keep everyone updated with any issues after a few days.

@Stach THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I just tried this command on one of my AC68U routers running "John-Merlin fork 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-25E8j9527", and exactly like you said "IT DID WONDERS". Here is the before and after:

Before: 45018 / 65536 bytes (68% utilized)
After: 37839 / 65536 bytes (57% utilized)

I will update the other AC68U to Merlin's 380.67 on the weekend and report back.

Yes you need to use SSH to run this command on the router.

Install putty if you don't use it.

I already have putty and used it, thanks though :)

Thanks Merlin.

Dirty Flash on two RT-AC87Us and all is well.

Thanks for this release. Was excited to try out the fq_codel adaptive QoS, but was disappointed that the Trend Micro license agreement popped up when I tried enabling it. Why is that? I thought that was only required for the Asus AiCloud stuff?

Adaptive QoS uses the proprietary Trend Micro DPI engine, so there's a EULA attached to it.

I am seeing the same thing.

Asus made some changes to robocfg, which broke it. I fixed it for most models, but looks like there's one more exception case for the RT-AC87U.

BTW, when reporting an issue, please don't just post a screenshot saying "it's broken". I wasted a good amount of time to figure out what you guys were actually referring to. A simple explanation would have been most helpful.

Name one vendor, firmware or a software package on any platform that'd leave you stuck on the beta after the final is already published.

Asus?

This behaviour is straight from their own GPL code. It's how they designed it. You are either on the Release, or on the Beta channel. Not both. And if I publish the final release on the beta channel, people will get confused at the fact that the router will state that a new BETA firmware is available while it's a non-beta release.

I just tried this command on one of my AC68U routers running "John-Merlin fork 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-25E8j9527", and exactly like you said "IT DID WONDERS".
Two things, FYI - 68% usage is totally fine and many of the variables that command unsets will be "repopulated" after a reboot. Unset and set-as-blank are different things.

Two things, FYI - 68% usage is totally fine and many of the variables that command unsets will be "repopulated" after a reboot. Unset and set-as-blank are different things.

I did not reboot this router yet. I'll report back when I do so, thank you though for the info :).

I have the RT_AC87U as main router running Asus-Merlin380.65 and an old RT-N56U that I want to connect as secondary router with different IP. I am wondering if I can flash the Asus-Merlin 380.67 on the RT-N56U?

Thanks for the amazing work you are really awesome! I just updated my AC68P on the fly and so far so good... will report if something is wrong... I'm just wondering about the new QOS settings... what does each option means? Im a noob on this and would like some guideance... I tried googling but all docs are way to technical do you have something easy to share?

QOS.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!