What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere-I missed/couldn't find. I'm running 380.62.1 on 3100, do I need to do factory reset when installing this?

sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere-I missed/couldn't find. I'm running 380.62.1 on 3100, do I need to do factory reset when installing this?

Yes if your coming from 62 firmware to 67 it is highly recommended. There has been many changes since then you don't want stability issues.

I know this might sound annoying to some, but I still hope there will be some good souls out there to explain this QoS subject to this beginner :)

I've noticed there are 3 options for Queue Discipline under QoS menu (sfq, codel and fq_codel). Do I need to keep it on sfq as it is by default, or should I change it to something else? I am on quite slow ADSL connection (comparing to most other people), it should be 10 Mbps download and around 1 Mbps upload. In reality, it is never above 8.5 Mbps download and 0.62 Mbps upload. I have two gaming consoles (PS4 and Xbox One S) which of only 1 is on at the time when we game. Two smartphones, one old iMac and one Windows machine. Windows machine is hardwired and everything else in on WiFi.

Is there any reason to move from sfq to something else (and what exactly should be set under SELECT PRESET field, and value in the box next to it... also that ATM checkbox, should it be checked or not?), or should this noob just leave it and not touch anything to avoid screwing up something badly ? :))
Thank you all for your precious time to even look at this post.

Cheers!
Fq codel pppoe vs or llc for overhead

Last edited:
I know this might sound annoying to some, but I still hope there will be some good souls out there to explain this QoS subject to this beginner :)

I've noticed there are 3 options for Queue Discipline under QoS menu (sfq, codel and fq_codel). Do I need to keep it on sfq as it is by default, or should I change it to something else? I am on quite slow ADSL connection (comparing to most other people), it should be 10 Mbps download and around 1 Mbps upload. In reality, it is never above 8.5 Mbps download and 0.62 Mbps upload. I have two gaming consoles (PS4 and Xbox One S) which of only 1 is on at the time when we game. Two smartphones, one old iMac and one Windows machine. Windows machine is hardwired and everything else in on WiFi.

Is there any reason to move from sfq to something else (and what exactly should be set under SELECT PRESET field, and value in the box next to it... also that ATM checkbox, should it be checked or not?), or should this noob just leave it and not touch anything to avoid screwing up something badly ? :))
Thank you all for your precious time to even look at this post.

Cheers!
With my 10 meg down and .9 meg up I use fq_codel with wan packet overhead set to ethernet VLAN as my bridged ADSL2 modem seems to take care of other overhead. Also use freshjr qos script 1.9. Bottom line is to leave wan packet overhead to blank if you do not know for sure. Or you can experiment with it like i did to see what happens and discover the best setting that works for you.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

What would be a reason to not use sfq but switch to codel or fq_codel in QoS?
I'm on fiber and use QoS to make sure everyone has a fair share of speed.
sfq is the defualt disipline fq codel is more responsive, and better at traffic shaping.

Tls - Enabled. Clients have tried different.

I suspect your client might not support any modern ciphers, as per this error message:

Code:
500 OOPS: error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:ssl3_get_client_hello:no shared cipher

Older and weaker ciphers are not supported.

RT-N66U sha256 signatures not matching for me. Tried all 3 sties. Can anyone confirm?

Check the signature of the TRX, not of the zipfile.

TRX is generated automatically during build time, so it's highly unlikely not to match.

in the next version is it possible for you to add hfsc, so we can chose between it and htb, please merlin.
and thank you in advanced. Im hoping for the opprtunity to test such a feature, i beleive that to have an option for it if its possible, might help with buffer blaot when paired with fq-codel.

Last edited:
Hi, yesterday update my ac87u and 68u, since then i have problems with video over wifi. Did not remember to have those with some of the beta's.
Went today back to 380.66_6 on those devices and have no stuttering videos anymore.

Hope to find some time today which beta was still running fine

Not so unusual with a single core processor using download master. Suggest you run your torrents on a pc. Will take load off of the router...
I run qBittorrent on my computer.

I got back in, thank you. but something is not working wright

View attachment 9877
Do you mean the part that there is a pop-up saying that the connection is insecure? In that case, you might want to import router's self-signed certificate to your browser/device. If you use Chrome, use this to import certificate. But first, you need to get certificate from your router by access https://192.168.1.1:8443 then do Ctrl+Shift+I then go to security part, view certificate, Details, Copy to File. I think you can export as any format, then import it to your browser.

• Merged with Asus GPL 380_7743, except for the RT-N66U which still uses some components from 7378 (Asus hasn't released 7743 for this model).

But as of 2017/07/17 ASUS released firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 for the RT-N66U.

Does this mean we can expect a new firmware update soon from you Merlin?

But as of 2017/07/17 ASUS released firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 for the RT-N66U.

... Zoltar says your wish is granted ...

Seriously though, while I don't speak for Merlin, I would say it could be sometime in 2017, that's a good 6 month Window. We all appreciate what Merlin does and while all of us get excited when a new release comes out, there is no set schedule. he may release 7743, he may wait for the next release. He gets asked this all the time with every release and it will come when it gets here.

The GPL zipfile on Asus's website is corrupted and cannot be extracted...

in the next version is it possible for you to add hfsc, so we can chose between it and htb, please merlin.
and thank you in advanced. Im hoping for the opprtunity to test such a feature, i beleive that to have an option for it if its possible, might help with buffer blaot when paired with fq-codel.
In my experience bufferbloat is helped by finding your sweet spot when setting upload and download.
The thing to watch out for is Quality.
If it was A and drops to below that on your sweet spot....test new isps.

i did this and luckily i got an isp which gave me A A A for the first time....had to find the sweet spot though.

Do you mean the part that there is a pop-up saying that the connection is insecure? In that case, you might want to import router's self-signed certificate to your browser/device. If you use Chrome, use this to import certificate. But first, you need to get certificate from your router by access https://192.168.1.1:8443 then do Ctrl+Shift+I then go to security part, view certificate, Details, Copy to File. I think you can export as any format, then import it to your browser.

Yes I use Chrome.

Thank You, that works

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!