What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I thought as much. Still the GUI is not reporting my ports correctly either way.

Is there a reliable cmd you can run to get the port status?
The information reported in your first screen shot should be correct, i.e. WAN port and LAN ports 1-4. I'm not aware of any way of getting information about the RTK ports (if there were I'm sure Merlin would display it).

Bear in mind that the "port number" reported by robocfg doesn't necessarily match the physical port labels on the case.

Administration >firmware upgrade >signature version then click on check.
Thank you, @Vexira. Not seen that before . (That's the downside to John's utility: before I used it, I had to scrutinise every page and insert settings. Now, I got lazy with John's huge timesaver.).

What exactly is this "signature" version thing. And does it really need to be checked/updated independently of Merlin's updates?

Asus dropped support in NetworkMap to display 10MBps....reasons unknown

They didn't actually "drop it", it was never supported by the code used on the Network Map. The report I added to the Sysinfo page is based on completely different code.

I've just upgraded to 380.68 and having a similar, but worse issue. I've cleared browser cache etc.

Please re-read my previous responses. The display you are showing is perfectly normal.

What exactly is this "signature" version thing. And does it really need to be checked/updated independently of Merlin's updates?

Trend Micro signatures are used by the DPI engine to properly recognize and classify traffic. The router should automatically check for new versions every night, and install them as they become available.

The router should automatically check for new versions every night, and install them as they become available.
I have not seen the router update the Trend Micro signature automatically for a long time even if there is a newer version.

They didn't actually "drop it", it was never supported by the code used on the Network Map. The report I added to the Sysinfo page is based on completely different code.

Please re-read my previous responses. The display you are showing is perfectly normal.

I assumed Link State should be displayed and only VLAN/Mac was not available.

I have not seen the router update the Trend Micro signature automatically for a long time even if there is a newer version.
I, most of the time, also updated the signature myself, but I clicked the button quite often. Since I have two router with this feature, I was able to see a few times that the signature has been automatically updated on one of them, so that I check for update on the other router, but how often it does that, I'm not sure. I guess that the interval is quite a bit more than 1 day.

I assumed Link State should be displayed and only VLAN/Mac was not available.

Are you sure you have something connected in one of these ports, with an active connection?

Are you sure you have something connected in one of these ports, with an active connection?

I'll double check, but there be 1 thing on the Broadcom and 2 on the Realtek (one of which is my Timecapsule which is definitely accessible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, most of the time, also updated the signature myself, but I clicked the button quite often. Since I have two router with this feature, I was able to see a few times that the signature has been automatically updated on one of them, so that I check for update on the other router, but how often it does that, I'm not sure. I guess that the interval is quite a bit more than 1 day.
What router model updates the signature automatically? And model of the one that doesn't? Mine is a 68P.

What router model updates the signature automatically? And model of the one that doesn't? Mine is a 68P.
Mine has also auto updated...didn't think this was possoible....however..it did..

upload_2017-9-8_20-39-28.png

Mine has also auto updated...didn't think this was possoible....however..it did..

View attachment 10380
When's the last time you cleared your NVRAM? My Admin page doesn't show the dates of the signature update since .67 if I'm not mistaken. But then again mine is a 68P, I don't know if there is a difference.
TMSig.jpg

Last edited:
Mine updated the signature to 1.180 on June 22nd. I did a manual check and it kept the same thing.

5lvb0NK.png

Mine updated the signature to 1.180 on June 22nd. I did a manual check and it kept the same thing.

5lvb0NK.png
FYI signature 1.180 is fairly recently so your June date is not accurate. Mine used to show a stuck date also but after I reset the nvram at firmware .67 the updated date does not show anymore. At least it auto updates for you mine doesn't. Maybe, the auto update is triggered by one of the AiProtection options, I only have malicious site blocking enabled in there.

Last edited:
When's the last time you cleared your NVRAM? My Admin page doesn't show the dates of the signature update since .67 if I'm not mistaken. But then again mine is a 68P, I don't know if there is a difference.
View attachment 10382
I did a total reset before updating from 67 to 68..the same day it was released.

AC88U, running merlin's fw from the get go a couple of years back. Been flawless, but experienced 5g stopping after 14 days on the 380.68 fw. Router reported no errors, showed clients, etc. but clients had no Wi-Fi connection on 5g. 2.4g was running fine, and a reboot solved the problem.

I know the radio code is closed source so maybe just a random issue.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!