What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

e Ethernet Ports chart on the Network Map is missing completely.

That table won't be shown if there are no active clients on the Ethernet ports.

Thanks Merlin.

I don't understand. I have my 2nd router connected to an Ethernet port of my first router. Isn't that a client?

I have many devices connected wired and wirelessly behind both routers. Surely one of them would be classified as I client.

The Ethernet Port chart was visible until I configured some Manually Assigned IPs to MAC addresses in the DHCP server section of the LAN section.

Please help me understand.

Thanks!

I don't understand. I have my 2nd router connected to an Ethernet port of my first router. Isn't that a client?

Yes, as long it's turned on.

The Ethernet Port chart was visible until I configured some Manually Assigned IPs to MAC addresses in the DHCP server section of the LAN section.

Open your browser console and look for any Javascript error.

Thanks Merlin.

Then from what you have said, the Ethernet Port Chart should be visible as I have many active clients.

I use Edge as my browser. In the console I have a repeating message that says:

SCRIPT7016: Use of XMLHttpRequest with the synchronous flag set to true is deprecated due to its impact on user-perceived site performance.

I checked with Internet Explorer 11 and the Ethernet port chart is not visible there either. In the console of IE11 there are no errors or warnings at all.

Merlin once again great work !!! :)

I've upgraded my 1900P (AC68U) from 380.66_6 to 380.68_0 without any issues. Everything seemed to be in order, I only had to shift+reload to webui (as per your instructions). I always do quick upgrade (without factory restore) and I unplug router for a minute right after. Yesterday I've tried to upgrade to 380.68_2 using the same method and I had for the first time ever issue where it seemed I had no internet at all. Since I had my family needing internet I flashed it quickly back to 380.68_0 (without factory restore) and everything was back to normal. I will try to upgrade again (maybe download the package again) to 380.68_2 to see if this one was only one time occurrence or if 380.68_2 fw requires factory restore.

Thanks Merlin.

Then from what you have said, the Ethernet Port Chart should be visible as I have many active clients.

I use Edge as my browser. In the console I have a repeating message that says:

SCRIPT7016: Use of XMLHttpRequest with the synchronous flag set to true is deprecated due to its impact on user-perceived site performance.

I checked with Internet Explorer 11 and the Ethernet port chart is not visible there either. In the console of IE11 there are no errors or warnings at all.

Then no idea, it's working fine here.

Anyone else?

I will try to upgrade again (maybe download the package again) to 380.68_2 to see if this one was only one time occurrence or if 380.68_2 fw requires factory restore.

The changes between 380.68 and 380.68_2 are minor, mostly webui-related. There's no technical reason why it would cause such problem or require a factory default reset. Chances are you just needed to reboot your modem.

The changes between 380.68 and 380.68_2 are minor, mostly webui-related. There's no technical reason why it would cause such problem or require a factory default reset. Chances are you just needed to reboot your modem.

Considering he is using a Rogers CODA modem I would recommend that also.

Since upgrading my RT-AC68U from 380.68 to 380.68_2 it appears to have rebooted itself a couple of times hours apart.

I'll keep an eye on things but hadn't seen this behaviour on 380.68

Ever since I upgraded to 380.68_2 my father has seen me as this huge disappointment. I even factory resetted and I'm still this gigantic failure in his eyes. Going back to 380.68 oddly enough didn't fix the problem and I think my relationship with him is permanently damaged. I know I run these firmwares at my own risk, but dang. A little warning would have been nice.

JK, everything is working fine.

Thank Merlin for you reply. That's what I did, maybe it was just one of. When I flashed back to 380.68 everything was working again. I will d/l 380.68_2 and try it tonight again :)

I did the update and all my DHCP list is gone :(

how can I upgrade from official FW to latest merlin without loosing it?
I saved all the config before upgrade
and aplied after but no dhcp list

I did the update and all my DHCP list is gone :(

how can I upgrade from official FW to latest merlin without loosing it?
I saved all the config before upgrade
and aplied after but no dhcp list

You don't. After upgrading to Merlin's firmware, there is tons of settings non-existing in official firmware, so of course you have to set everything from scratch. Settings you saved while still on official firmware should not be used with Merlin's version.

I've spotted a minor bug in the QoS UI which I suspected was around for a while. I'm using RT-AC68U on 380.68_2 but I think it was present on 380.68 as well.

If I turn off QoS (and save) and then turn it back on again, even though the queue_discipline is set to fq_codel it actually saves as sfq. I then have to go back in to the QoS settings and set fq_codel a second time and save it to get the correct setting.

I just re-downloaded the package again, flushed it, and rebooted the modem. :p Everything seems to be in order :). I'm not sure what happened first time I did it... I followed the same procedure.

Thanks again. ;-) If I discover any issues I will post it to this thread.

What is the rule of thumb for doing full NVRAM resets between versions? Watch the changelog and it should say it? Or always do it? Or not needed when moving between minor versions e.g. 380.68_0 to 380.68_2?

Where can I get explanations on the Queue Discipline and how to setup the WAN packet overhead.
I am trying to optimize my ASUS RT-AC87U as I have a 1000 MB download / 500 MB upload FTTH connection on a PPPoE login. I get constant resets and after I set the MTU/MRU to not fragment packets I got an improvement but still lack stability. I am using the Adaptive QoS and I think this is the issue. I have reset the router and did a fresh install/settings but same result....

Thanks!

Attachments

• snip_20170915123208.png
    snip_20170915123208.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 557
Where can I get explanations on the Queue Discipline and how to setup the WAN packet overhead.
I am trying to optimize my ASUS RT-AC87U as I have a 1000 MB download / 500 MB upload FTTH connection on a PPPoE login. I get constant resets and after I set the MTU/MRU to not fragment packets I got an improvement but still lack stability. I am using the Adaptive QoS and I think this is the issue. I have reset the router and did a fresh install/settings but same result....

Thanks!
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...ements-custom-rules-and-inner-workings.36836/

Thanks!
Use fq_codel I know pppoe has an overhead of 8 bytes

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!