What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Probably compiled it from github.com

Yes, I considered that option, but as he was referring to the 68_0 changelog in his post and complains about an issues not being fixed even though the changelog states otherwise (which could be possible but doesn't seem likely), I wonder why the person complaining about the issue would be running a self-compiled build that hasn't even reached an alpha status (at least, not publicly). That's why I asked where he'd found 380.68_1. If it's a final released build and something appears not to be fixed, feedback is great but if you're compiling from Github, referring to the changelog of a different build and posting about issues in a thread dedicated to 380.68_0 (at least, for now).... well....

Just wanted to add that 380.68 on AC3200 as media bridge is unusable. Two times I've factory reset, installed fw, factory reset, and configured the router from the ground up (no restoring of settings), getting the same result every time. It chokes out over time, gets slow and won't respond to newly connected devices. It's on, and the main router sees it and its IP, but its so slow and unresponsive that clients don't get web access. A reboot fixes it for some hours, and then it's at it again.
Dowgraded to 380.67 yesterday, and the media bridge on my AC3200 have been stable ever since. Don't know what causes it. 380.68 on my other AC3200 working as AP on the other hand, seems to be working good and stable.

A reboot does not fully reset the hardware. There are cases where an electronic component might be in a "crashed" state, and only a complete power cycle will reset it. I've seen it happen with all kind of hardware, including USB ports on PCs.
I've seen cases where on laptops or Ethernet cards that unless you unplug them and remove battery. It will not clear what electricians call "Sower-power". I have had this condition more than once.
Usually takes about 15 secs to clear it.

Question 1: Available 5ghz channels
Is it normal behaviour that one can only choose channel 36 through 48 on the 5ghz_1 radio? And 100 to 140 on 5ghz_2?
This is a rather odd limitation, I'd like to choose a higher channel for this radio to avoid interference with other WIFI networks in the area. First screenshot attached.
It is by design. Because the antennas are so close together the frequency each set is transmitting on has to be as far apart as possible to stop them interfering with each other.

It will not clear what electricians call "Sower-power".
:confused: Is that a typo? I know what you are referring to but I've never heard it called that, and I can find no reference to the phrase anywhere on the internet.

Last edited:
:confused: Is that a typo? I know what you are referring to but I've never heard it called that, and I can find no reference to the phrase anywhere on the internet.
It's just a term that an electrician of mine uses. He says electricity gets sour after a while staying on the line and it is better to refresh it once in a while by breaking the connection. He has been doing industrial installations for 20 yrs. So I tend not to disagree with him.

With this build I have to reboot my router (RT-AC66U) every couple of days because there is no internet connectivity.
Ok here with 12 days and 6 hrs and counting on same model.

Ditto its been solid no issues.

wow nice CPU temp, my 1900P runs at 80C with room temps 22C. I know it's not the same CPU and speed but nonetheless... I wonder if I should underclock from 1.4GHz to 1.2GHz? I don't think I need all this speed. Now don't tell me I should have bought a 68U running at 1GHz. ;-)

wow nice CPU temp, my 1900P runs at 80C with room temps 22C. I know it's not the same CPU and speed but nonetheless... I wonder if I should underclock from 1.4GHz to 1.2GHz? I don't think I need all this speed. Now don't tell me I should have bought a 68U running at 1GHz. ;-)

Thanks I'm @ 1.2Ghz and using a laptop cooling pad.

Hi,
Thanks for the great work!
I have a problem. In versions 380.67 and 380.68, the Blacklist does not work as expected. In version 66_6, everything is fine. When upgrading from version 380.66_6 to 67 or 68, the Blacklist blocks all traffic including icmp.
Sorry if I asked not in the correct topic.
Thank you.
BL.JPG

I apologize!
Yes that was a typo!
Should have been "Sour-Power". I didn't catch what you meant. I misspelled the word completely.

Yes, I considered that option, but as he was referring to the 68_0 changelog in his post and complains about an issues not being fixed even though the changelog states otherwise (which could be possible but doesn't seem likely), I wonder why the person complaining about the issue would be running a self-compiled build that hasn't even reached an alpha status (at least, not publicly). That's why I asked where he'd found 380.68_1. If it's a final released build and something appears not to be fixed, feedback is great but if you're compiling from Github, referring to the changelog of a different build and posting about issues in a thread dedicated to 380.68_0 (at least, for now).... well....
self compiled are unsupported builds, you have to keep in mind some people are too lazy to reasearch or read though past threads were a question they ask is alread answerd 50 times eg the wifi issues on a new firmware update, i suspect that most people need a factory rest of thier unit. Once every blue moon.

Another basic question: Is it necessary to do "Forget network and reconnect" on clients after major firmware updates? TiA

h
Just wanted to add that 380.68 on AC3200 as media bridge is unusable. Two times I've factory reset, installed fw, factory reset, and configured the router from the ground up (no restoring of settings), getting the same result every time. It chokes out over time, gets slow and won't respond to newly connected devices. It's on, and the main router sees it and its IP, but its so slow and unresponsive that clients don't get web access. A reboot fixes it for some hours, and then it's at it again.
Dowgraded to 380.67 yesterday, and the media bridge on my AC3200 have been stable ever since. Don't know what causes it. 380.68 on my other AC3200 working as AP on the other hand, seems to be working good and stable.
how many hours of uptime?, run the ap mode one as a media bridge, and the other one as an ap, its possible the unit could be faulty.

Well, something interesting happened with my Trend Micro Traffic Analyzer Statistics. I clicked on the tab and the Web UI froze and couldn't get back into the router UI with the browser. I SSHd into the router and did a reboot command which didn't seem to work fully. So I power-cycled it. I was then able to get in the Statistics tab fine but noticed it had stopped recording data around 1 am on the 4th. The 5th was blank and the 6th just had what occurred after the power cycle.

Thoughts on what might have caused this?

Oh, the Traffic Information that I've been storing on a USB drive did record the traffic on those days.

Should I disable the Statistics and re-enable in case something with the traffic.db file is corrupt? Anyway, first time something like this has happened.

Well, something interesting happened with my Trend Micro Traffic Analyzer Statistics. I clicked on the tab and the Web UI froze and couldn't get back into the router UI with the browser. I SSHd into the router and did a reboot command which didn't seem to work fully. So I power-cycled it. I was then able to get in the Statistics tab fine but noticed it had stopped recording data around 1 am on the 4th. The 5th was blank and the 6th just had what occurred after the power cycle.

Thoughts on what might have caused this?

Oh, the Traffic Information that I've been storing on a USB drive did record the traffic on those days.

Should I disable the Statistics and re-enable in case something with the traffic.db file is corrupt? Anyway, first time something like this has happened.

Looks like the same problem I had:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac-rt87r-on-380-68-high-cpu-utilization.41055/

PS: after such event, I usually just delete traffic.db from jffs and let it rebuild again.

@RMerlin are there any known issues with Asus's HTTPS implementation for the WebUI. For the longest time I've always had trouble loading the WebUI randomly, elements would go missing, excessive page load times etc. I finally today after messing with the Astrill VPN plugin narrowed it down to HTTPS UI access.

I mentioned it a few months ago but it still seems to be an issue to this day. I can confirm this happens on all browsers but not when using HTTP.

@RMerlin are there any known issues with Asus's HTTPS implementation for the WebUI.

Yes, it's been problematic for years, and I've been unable to determine the cause. Pages will stall or fail to finish loading from time to time, especially on first access - once pages are cached, the issue seems to become less frequent (probably because fewer files are transferred from the webserver then).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!