What's new

Remote SSH Login setting not sticking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Apprentice

Occasional Visitor
Am trying to get this working, but it seems that changing the Admin-->system-->Enable SSH LAN and WAN setting will not persist!

Is there something I am missing?

(F/W 388.2.2 on the AX 88U)

Many thanks!

After flashing the 388.2_2 firmware, did you perform a full reset? Without using any saved backup config file? And without using/inserting a USB drive that was previously used for amtm/scripts? If you haven't, when was the last time such a proper reset was performed?

After flashing the 388.2_2 firmware, did you perform a full reset? Without using any saved backup config file? And without using/inserting a USB drive that was previously used for amtm/scripts? If you haven't, when was the last time such a proper reset was performed?
Thanks for the reply, Have not reset the router for close to a year. Have just been flashing the router with settings seemingly persisting (have been backing up tho).

If i am reading where this is going right is there a better way of saving setting than via Admin--> save settings? Maybe a script?

Is there a hardware method that works better than a soft reset?

Is there a solid procedure you can point me to for stopping/unmounting the attached usb disk?

Many thanks!

Enable SSH LAN and WAN setting will not persist!
What does it revert to? LAN only, or completely disabled? Do you have Skynet installed? It will disable SSH WAN access as a security measure.

What does it revert to? LAN only, or completely disabled? Do you have Skynet installed? It will disable SSH WAN access as a security measure.
Thanks. It reverts to LAN only, and yes, I do have Skynet running.

Is there a way to disable the wan SSH block in Skynet?

Is there a way to disable the wan SSH block in Skynet?
Disable “Secure mode” in the Skynet settings menu. That will allow you to enable SSH from WAN and GUI access from WAN. Neither are recommended, but that’s how you can bypass the extra protection, if you choose to.

Disable “Secure mode” in the Skynet settings menu. That will allow you to enable SSH from WAN and GUI access from WAN. Neither are recommended, but that’s how you can bypass the extra protection, if you choose to.
thanks very much!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!