What's new

Router Asus AX 58U not working 160MHZ wifi AX???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrHai

Occasional Visitor
Today I have just purchased an Asus AX 58U router and I have updated it to the latest version. I checked 160MHZ and selected the AX wifi mode in the 5ghz band, then I went through the PC (PC using the AX 200 intel card) but when I checked, I only found the network card on the PC to operate at 80MHZ and the AX standard. Please ask why I installed 160MHZ and the standard is ax but the result is 80MHZ and the standard is AX, it is different from the initial installation.

Try using lower numbered channels ie 36-48. The 149-165 portion does not support HT160.

Try using lower numbered channels ie 36-48. The 149-165 portion does not support HT160.
I try all channel but cant :(. And i see channel support 36-64, I don't see any channle higher than 64. If next week i cant use 160MHZ on my PC i think i will return the product and get a refund. Asus does a good promotion, wifi 6 160MHZ, AX 2402, but i cant see :).

Last edited:
did you enable DFS channels? Otherwise it cant use 160MHz. And maybe depending to you region it isnt allowed or implemented on the router.

I'm in the uk, but on all the ax routers so far I've found channel 40 and 100 are the magic channels that seem to allow for 160mhz width on the routers.

160 MHz requires 8 contiguous channels with the Broadcom chipset. This is only possible using DFS channels. If the router is showing support for channels 36-64, you should be able to enable 160 MHz bandwidth. I suggest selecting channel 36 as primary channel.

How do you know the AX200 is using only 80 MHz bandwidth?

I'm in the uk, but on all the ax routers so far I've found channel 40 and 100 are the magic channels that seem to allow for 160mhz width on the routers.
Name Router you use? And Region you use in Router? My Router Asus AX58U have channel 36-64, Region USA.

Have tested it on a customer rt-ax88u, my own gt-ax1100 and rt-ax92u.
I know not identical models. But channel 40 seems to do the trick on the lower band of 5ghz.

160 MHz requires 8 contiguous channels with the Broadcom chipset. This is only possible using DFS channels. If the router is showing support for channels 36-64, you should be able to enable 160 MHz bandwidth. I suggest selecting channel 36 as primary channel.

How do you know the AX200 is using only 80 MHz bandwidth?

Asus Router show log file 160MHZ but my pc Wifi analyzer show 80MHZ --- Maxrate 1733 (i use AX200 intel). Very bad when i buy WIFI ax 2402.... but now i have wifi AC work. I need WIFI 6 2402 not AC 1733

Last edited:
Have tested it on a customer rt-ax88u, my own gt-ax1100 and rt-ax92u.
I know not identical models. But channel 40 seems to do the trick on the lower band of 5ghz.

You troll me? i say about problem Asus AX 58 U ... bored

I also suggest looking at the link rate Windows reports in Connection Status.

5 GHz 80 MHz maximum AX rate will be 1201 Mbps, 160 MHz will be 2402.

Tim, thanks for pointing out the link rate in Connection Status. I took the advice and set my AX88U to channel 36 (was at 48) and enabled 160 Mhz channel.
I have one desktop PC and a laptop with the Intel AX200 installed.
The desktop reported only 1201 Mbps. I needed to "Forget" the network and re-join.
It now reports 2402.