What's new

router suggestions!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kdan3388

Occasional Visitor
I am tired with the rt-ac87u router already! It has so much problem with the 5ghz band so i would like to hear some good recommendations about the most stable router right now! I'm not a big gamer or anything but on the 87u couldn't even handle games on my phone. I am debating on 88u or ac5300. please help me! thanks

I don't have experience with ac87u but I received my ac88u 2 days ago and managed to play with it for a day. I am coming from netgear r7000 on Merlins firmware.

For the moment I can only say that 5ghz was very stable on our iPhone 6s Plus and android phone. I have synology nas connected in link aggregation mode, Xbox and a Mac also wired.

No problems whatsoever in this short period of time but it seems as stable and well built as rt-n66u which for me is a benchmark of a solid router.

I would recommend ac88u, 5300 will probably be an overkill if you don't have many many wireless clients.

I'm not a big gamer or anything but on the 87u couldn't even handle games on my phone. I am debating on 88u or ac5300. please help me! thanks
My suggestions are listed in my footer below! :rolleyes:
With this two mature devices you have peace of mind when it comes to ability, range and updates! :D

My suggestions are listed in my footer below! :rolleyes:
With this two mature devices you have peace of mind when it comes to ability, range and updates! :D

I started my AC Router adventure with a 87U as well and had nothing but issues with flaky wifi connectivity no matter the setting or FW. Then went to a RT-AC3200, much better but still had connectivity drops.

Saw the thread below and switched to a Linksys EA8500, did I mention I had a Linksys E3000 before the 87U ? Well I never had connections issues with it, just coverage was not the greatest.

Anyway take a look at the link below. I and many others that have had issues with other routers have been loving the EA8500. It has comparable if not slightly better range, performance and the wifi has been solid.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/li...00-mu-mimo-smart-wi-fi-router-reviewed.24214/