What's new

RT-1990u & RT-66u B1 Aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nier

New Around Here
Hey!
I can't find my 66u as a node. Both routers are on firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20648.

One time using the 66u as the primary router I managed to get the popup you get when finding a node although the 1900u was never shown in the list. And the popup disappeared after a couple of seconds. Haven't been able to replicate the results again. Has anyone gotten this combo to work with aimesh?

Hey!
I can't find my 66u as a node. Both routers are on firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20648.

One time using the 66u as the primary router I managed to get the popup you get when finding a node although the 1900u was never shown in the list. And the popup disappeared after a couple of seconds. Haven't been able to replicate the results again. Has anyone gotten this combo to work with aimesh?

Did you factory default reset the routers after the latest firmware upgrade so that the routers are in default condition?

OE

Did you factory default reset the routers after the latest firmware upgrade so that the routers are in default condition?

OE
Yea multiple times. Tried making it a node from the administration page, tried making it a node via the "manual setup" And I've tried just to factory reset it like they do in the Asus setup video.

Yea multiple times. Tried making it a node from the administration page, tried making it a node via the "manual setup" And I've tried just to factory reset it like they do in the Asus setup video.

There have been reports of the 66U B1 in an AiMesh, but I still wonder why it's not listed as an AiMesh-supported router. I would talk to ASUS Support to see if they can help.

OE

There have been reports of the 66U B1 in an AiMesh, but I still wonder why it's not listed as an AiMesh-supported router. I would talk to ASUS Support to see if they can help.

OE
I've seen posts about it as well.
Yea I sent a mail to their support and all I got for an answer was "we're happy to help and solve your problem" and the ticket was closed lol..

I've seen posts about it as well.
Yea I sent a mail to their support and all I got for an answer was "we're happy to help and solve your problem" and the ticket was closed lol..

I'd call them. Mail is not a good medium for troubleshooting.

OE