What's new

RT-AC3100 Link Aggregation/LACP in AP Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wingsfan87

Regular Contributor
Is this possible? In Router mode you have the option under Lan > Switch Control. However soon as I switch it to AP mode this disappears as a GUI option. If yes, what is the command line in can run via SSH to enable it in AP mode?

Devices:
Gateway/Main Router - AC5300 ver 380.65.2
AP - AC3100 380.65.2
Switch - Cisco SG200-26 running LACP on 2 x 2 ports

Setup:
Main Router is using the LACP/Link Agg option to run to switch on ports 1 and 2. Switch is configured to have those 2 ports for teaming with LACP. Checked status on switch and and it shows LACP is active with both ports. AP is on ports 3 and 4 of the switch and running to ports 1 and 2 on the AP. Before I turned on AP mode I turned on LACP mode in the router mode. After turning on AP mode I check the switch management page and the first router is still working great with LACP active on ports 1 and 2. But ports 3 and 4 show only 1 active and 1 passive so LACP isn't enabled anymore on AP I am guessing. How would I check this via SSH command line for status and how would I turn it on?

Just came back with an answer because this is one of the top google results for AC3100 Link Aggregation --

This works:
1. Switch back to Router mode.
2. Go to LAN -> Switch Control.
3. (... Change any Switch Control Options you want...)
4. Switch back to AP mode.

This may work in AP mode:
1. Login to your router
2. Go to the page http://<router_ip>/Advanced_SwitchCtrl_Content.asp
3. (... Change any switch Control Options you want...)

Seems Asus may have a bug in their firmware where these tabs aren't exposed?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!