What's new

RT-AC5300 interface not loading

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mnko

New Around Here
Bought the RT-AC5300 about a fortnight ago and flashed to 380.70 without any issues.
Needed to jump back into it to check the VPN but the interface either never loads or is half loaded. I get the login screen just fine, but after that is when it stops. Everything from it still appears to work just fine (internet, wifi, etc).
Tried to from different pc's, browsers, my phone, power cycled it, as well as leaving it unplugged for a few minutes, but still no luck.
Any suggestions?

upload_2018-4-25_8-23-42.png

Last edited:
Bought the RT-AC5300 about a fortnight ago and flashed to 380.70 without any issues.
Needed to jump back into it to check the VPN but the interface either never loads or is half loaded. I get the login screen just fine, but after that is when it stops. Everything from it still appears to work just fine (internet, wifi, etc).
Tried to from different pc's, browsers, my phone, power cycled it, as well as leaving it unplugged for a few minutes, but still no luck.
Any suggestions?

View attachment 12790

Change your router’s ip back to 192.168.1.1 for starters

Any suggestions?

View attachment 12790

Clear your browser cache and try again. This usually happens when you do a major upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change your router’s ip back to 192.168.1.1 for starters
I couldnt even get to that part of the interface to change the IP of the router.

Clear your browser cache and try again. This usually happens when you do a major upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As mentioned, tried to access it from different computers (which also hadn't touched the page before), which would rule out the caching issue.

Ended up booting to recovery and resetting NVRAM.
Seems to be ok for now...

Ended up booting to recovery and resetting NVRAM.
Seems to be ok for now...

My brand new Asus RT-AC66U_B1 did just that before it died (no recovery of any kind was possible). All was well, GUI was completely showing for a few days, and then - nothing.

Maybe not the same thing, but just in case.

Hold the wps button down when powering up for 30 seconds to reset nvram and start the configuration over.

If that doesn't work, try reloading using the stock recovery + clear nvram.

Hold the wps button down when powering up for 30 seconds to reset nvram and start the configuration over.

If that doesn't work, try reloading using the stock recovery + clear nvram.

Tried every form of recovery (which does not ask for opening the case), no go. As I had similar issue before, I understand it may not be enough to try once. It will not go to recovery mode, it will never bring up the LAN interface to connect to it (but its LED does work).

It died in front of my eyes. Rebooted claiming there is no modem connected. Then - GUI pages would not load....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!