What's new

RT-AC5300 NEW FIRMWARE 3.0.0.4.384-21045 - Released

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neil62

Maybe I am a bit slow in the update, but just in case for those interested and unaware. I just upgraded my RT-AC5300 to the latest firmware and all good, no problems to report, running AiMesh. Firmware version as per Subject title. Update completed via Web GUI, straight upgrade, no factory reset/initialize done for the upgrade. Update notification of firmware was from the Web GUI.

My RT-AC5300 is the primary router and ALL nodes remained connected after upgrade completion....

Last edited:
Neil62,

I just updated too ... everything seems OK :)

Version 3.0.0.4.384.21045
2018/06/12 45.93 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045
- Modified the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Increased port forwarding rules limit from 32 to 64.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.
- Fixed AiMesh bandwidth and extension channel sync issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: cda997d236a386d37eaf6df412c29b62

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC5300/FW_RT_AC5300_300438421045.ZIP

Last edited:
Updated (without factory reset) and all is well here. I don't have AIMesh set up so I cannot speak to whether that is working properly or not.

I upgraded too, running aimesh with RT5300 as main, RT68U x2 as nodes. Upgraded using IOS ASUS router app. Running smooth no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I upgraded today. Pleasantly surprised all went as well as it did.

Same experience as @Neil62.

Update completed via Web GUI, straight upgrade, no factory reset/initialize done for the upgrade. Update notification of firmware was from the Web GUI.

AiMesh running smoothly, setup is shown in my signature.

Anyone here seeing any issues with their 2.4Ghz radio? I'm seeing slowness and a few times when trying to forget the wireless network on my phone and set it up again it was complaining that I entered my password incorrectly which I know I did not.

Have been several posts complaining about connection issues including mine! For some reason setting the 2.4 to ch 11 at 20 mhz seems to work for me. And ch 11 is busy in my neighborhood!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Have been several posts complaining about connection issues including mine! For some reason setting the 2.4 to ch 11 at 20 mhz seems to work for me. And ch 11 is busy in my neighborhood!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Changed my smart connect to the 5GHz radios only and set my channel to 11 as well (Left it on 20/40 Mhz for now). So far so good.

Hi,

I noticed that all the successful upgrade of firmware reported here was from those who did not do factory reset. I thought it is a good practice to do factory reset each time after a firmware upgrade to start afresh.

I got into some trouble this time with my good practice to do my usual factory reset :(. For the purpose of this post I did 3 separate factory resets over the week to investigate and confirm the problem and find my work around :)

After doing factory reset on all my AiMesh Devices and the usual search for AiMesh Node(s). I discovered my access to internet drastically slowed down till it is not usable.

(1) From the GUI, my CPU usage chart confirms that something is wrong with extremely high CPU usage as follows (I waited for many hours):

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 8.33.16 PM.png

(2) I SSH into my AiMesh Router and use “top” Command and found the culprit “avahi-daemon”

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 11.41.37 PM.png

I disconnect all my other devices from my AiMesh Network, the CPU usage continues. I did this to rule out possibilities of some of my noisy devices that could cause the avahi-daemon to chew up my CPU.

(3) My work around - I power OFF / ON all my AiMesh Devices, one at a time (waiting for each to be fully operational), starting from AiMesh Router, AiMesh Node 1 and finally AiMesh Node 2. Thankfully, I got back my well behave AiMesh network again:).

PS: I would be nice if someone can try factory reset to see what happen to your AiMesh network to confirm such a problem. It could be just my setup and environment (?)

Here's an OpenVPN issue that I do not recall seeing before. Occasionally, I lose internet connectivity. I then disable my OpenVPN, which gets me my internet connectivity back. I then try to re-connect to my VPN server, but instead of getting the green check mark indicating that the VPN is up, I get a yellow exclamation mark. The only way I have found to re-connect VPN is to reboot my RT-AC5300. I am using 384_21045.
FYI

Good evening guys, I just got an RT-AC5300 and 5G-1 is a lot slower and certainly unstable compared to the 5G-2. Latest firmware installed. All default configurations. Any suggestions ? The testing was performed between a server wired to the router and my personal laptop.

NetStress-5G-1.PNG
NetStress-5G-2.PNG

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!