What's new

RT-AC56U - Internet FTP Not Visable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vostro50

New Around Here
Hi, I'm pretty certain i have this set up correctly but it's not allowing me to access it outside of my own network?

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm pretty certain i have this set up correctly but it's not allowing me to access it outside of my own network?

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks.

You have not given any details at all. Is the FTP passive or active? Have you opened the control and data ports? FTP is sometimes tricky to make work behind a firewall. Make sure the server works in passive mode. Make sure to define a specific range of data ports and open that exact range on the router.

Thanks for the reply. How do i know if it's passive or active?

I've no idea what ports need opened.

The ftp server you have setup should have options. Look at those. You should set it up to allow passive mode and predefine range of ports for data connections. Just pick a range of ports somewhere between 1024 and 65000. Let's say that you define 63000-64000. Once you set them up on the ftp server just do port forwarding on the router for the same port range to the internal IP of the ftp server.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!