What's new

[RT-AC68U] cron to renew wan dhcp

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skirk

Occasional Visitor
Hi, first post for me although I've been reading the forums for a few months now.
I have recently bought me a new RT-AC68U and flashed RMerlin's latest firmware. This is set up with a Billion modem/router in half bridge on account of New Zealand's ADSL pppoa protocol. I was using Tomato for a while prior on my rt-n66u for an open vpn script (Astrill, works on this ARM unit too). I ran this script as a cron to renew my wan dhcp in event of a dropped connection :

Code:
/bin/ping -c 1 8.8.8.8 > /dev/null; if [[ $? != 0 ]]; then /bin/ping -c 1 8.8.4.4 > /dev/null; if [[ $? != 0 ]]; then /sbin/dhcpc-renew; logger "*****RENEWED DHCP LEASE*****"; fi fi

Now, i'm not much at scripting but I'm an expert copy and paster ;) Is there an equivalent I can run on merlin-wrt using udhcpc? (although I'm not even sure if that is the correct command)

Thanks in advance.