What's new

RT-AC68U running 384.16 rebooted randomly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

My router just rebooted randomly few minutes ago. I understand it's not a big issue but I was in the middle of something and would like to know why it happened. System logs don't show much info, just shows all services restarting etc or maybe I missed something. Is there a way to find out so I can at least try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

What were you in the middle of? Or is that top secret? :)

Surprised nobody else has responded to you yet.

You may want to look at your NVRAM usage and JFFS usage settings. If almost fully used, this could cause this type of issue.

Are you using any scripts (amtm supported or otherwise)?

What firmware are you using on the router?

Surprised nobody else has responded to you yet.

You may want to look at your NVRAM usage and JFFS usage settings. If almost fully used, this could cause this type of issue.

Are you using any scripts (amtm supported or otherwise)?

What firmware are you using on the router?
NVRAM & JFFS looks ok to me, screenshot attached.
Using amtm scripts only, Diversion & Skynet.

Attachments

• NVRAM.JPG
    NVRAM.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 107
No issues here, if it happens again maybe try recording all your settings manually (not a config export/import) and factory default then manually config the router.
I have been dirty flashing since the first 384 release...I've only had to factory default when jumping from 382 to 384.

@Khadanja, any reason you're one firmware version behind? :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!