What's new

RT-AC68U sending a *lot* of unknown traffic to internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netgem21

New Around Here
Hey!

Every so often my RT-AC68U completely saturates my 700k upload connection, transmitting something to the internet, rendering my network mostly unusable with high latency and dropped packets.

To illustrate, here are some screenshots of the traffic monitor:

huU7wme.png

Upload speed is saturated completely.

Ij1i5H4.png

However nothing is being sent from any of my wired clients...

QjOn2zH.png

...or wireless clients.

What could possibly be going on here? It lasts for usually about 10 minutes, stops—at which point speeds return to normal, and then starts again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can't get a stable connection anymore without this interrupting me! Apologies for the massive photos, by the way!

Thanks in advance :)

Hey!

Every so often my RT-AC68U completely saturates my 700k upload connection, transmitting something to the internet, rendering my network mostly unusable with high latency and dropped packets.

Your computer(s) may be infected with spyware / viruses.

What version of firmware are you using and have you done a full reset on the router?

Are you using VPN? I had a similar situation (no traffic in wired/wireless) but I'm using the VPN connection, so I know the traffic was from my VPN connection.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!