What's new

RT-AC68U speed issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kelsett

New Around Here
Hi there,

I recently acquired an RT-AC68U router, and I'm currently facing transfer speed issues.

I have a Synology DS415+ NAS on one side and a laptop on the other. Both have SSDs and Gigabit ethernet. When I copy a file from one side to another, I can't get past 50MB/s.

I tried installing Asuswrt-Merlin which doesn't perform any better but at least I could see the cpu was the bottleneck since when transferring one of the cores gets to 100% usage.

I tried Jumbo Frames, and I also tried setting up Link Aggregation between the router and the NAS.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Or am I not supposed to expect more than 50MB/s from this router?

Thank you.

Same situation here with ReadyNas.
I have a Pc with SSD and I use link aggregation between router and NAS, but I hit 100% on cpu usage on AC68U when transferring files at 50 Mb/s speed, on a wired gigabit lan between PC and router.
I've NAT acceleration ON.

Only on one time I hit 75 Mb/s speed (the limit of ReadyNas) but I don't remember nor with which firmware (maybe 378.50 beta2) neither with which settings.

I also have the same setup, DS415+ and PC with gigabit card. I noticed that it doesn't go over 50MB/s as well (10GB file). Trying the Merlin firmware was my next move but it looks like it didn't work for you.

I turned on Jumbo frames and it seems to have improved it to 75MB/s (same 10GB file). Made sure the Ethernet card on the PC also has Jumbo Frames enabled. Mine was disabled initially.

Although, I'm sure the router should be able to transfer faster than 50MB/s without Jumbo Frames enabled. I'll have to keep searching around. Will post back if i find anything.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!