What's new

RT-AC68U Wireless scheduler

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

05dyna

Occasional Visitor
First post... I have the RT-AC68U and I can’t get the Wireless scheduler to work with any of the Merlin builds past 378.51 so I’m stuck on this build which isn’t horrible but just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue?

I seen this issue posted in another thread last week when I started looking but no definitive answers were given. IIRC Mr Merlin provide a couple lines of code to enter in via telnet but it made no difference for me. I’ve use the Reset in the web UI and erased nvram via telnet and still cannot get the wireless scheduler work with the more recent builds.

Don’t know if this is relevant or not but I’m running my RT-AC68U in AP Mode only and my RT-AC68U was formerly the ASUS TM-AC1900 (T-Mobil Hotspot) so it’s a converted RT-AC68U. Thanks in advance for any input

Don’t know if this is relevant or not but I’m running my RT-AC68U in AP Mode...
At a guess I'd say that it could be because the AP hasn't been able to acquire the current date and time from NTP. Check the webUI for what it thinks the date/time is.

At a guess I'd say that it could be because the AP hasn't been able to acquire the current date and time from NTP. Check the webUI for what it thinks the date/time is.

Thanks for the reply back, the System Time is spot-on and recognizes “Daylight savings time is enabled in this time zone”. I figured I give new build 384.3 a try but unfortunately the result is the same :(

EDIT: added image. just prior to 10:00 I ran the following commands below as per RMerlin from past thread and then set the scheduler to disable witless on both bands at 10:00, the last entry in is is disk_monitor: Got SIGALRM... and as of 10:25 the wireless is up so the scheduler is not working. At this point looks like I'm headed back to 378.51 https://www.snbforums.com/posts/378937/

nvram unset wl0_sched
nvram unset wl1_sched
nvram set wl0_timesched=1
nvram set wl1_timesched=1
nvram commit

time_and_log.JPG

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that the Wireless scheduler works with the ASUS RT‑AC86U? I tried all the builds with RT-AC68U and the only builds it worked on was the 378.55 and below. Recently I tried a new build again and it worked for one day with 384.4 then it never worked again.

Moving past the RT-AC68U I have the ASUS RT‑AC86U arriving next week so just wondering if anyone has had success with this feature on the ASUS RT‑AC86U. I’m hoping because it is the RT-AC68U’s successor it does work reliable. So have anyone had any luck with this feature? thanks in advance

Can anyone confirm that the Wireless scheduler works with the ASUS RT‑AC86U? I tried all the builds with RT-AC68U and the only builds it worked on was the 378.55 and below. Recently I tried a new build again and it worked for one day with 384.4 then it never worked again.

Moving past the RT-AC68U I have the ASUS RT‑AC86U arriving next week so just wondering if anyone has had success with this feature on the ASUS RT‑AC86U. I’m hoping because it is the RT-AC68U’s successor it does work reliable. So have anyone had any luck with this feature? thanks in advance

While we have different router model's, I do use Wireless Scheduler on a Tri-band router. I currently have the 2.4GHz band disabled, and 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2 scheduled to turn off for 9hr's during Monday-Friday. I have visually confirmed that my correct wireless band's turn off and on at their selected time's, and also survive's a reboot. Been using this feature for almost 2 week's on firmware 384.5 alpha 1

@ daviworld thanks for the reply back, I'm hoping it does work because that's one of the key features I've grown to like and don't want to do without. After it arrives and I have it up and running I'll update the post hopefully with some good news.

Looks like the concern with the wireless scheduler on the RT-AC86U was a false alarm. I flashed the RT-AC86U right out of the box with Merlin’s 384.4_2. Coming from dd-wrt as the main firmware (and router) once I located my required setting all is good. I had to do some googling but found exactly what I needed.

There is definitely a problem with the RT-AC68U’s wireless scheduler with the newer builds but it does work with 378.55 & 378.51, I have two RT-AC68U’s and can duplicate the issue on both devices with any of the new builds. In any case I'm really liking the new RT-AC86U as long as it holds up. It’s kind of funny looking at the RT-AC68U and RT-AC86U side by side, the RT-AC86U looks like the RT-AC68U on steroids LOL.

edit: typo

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!