What's new

RT-AX55 - AIProtection [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_get_app_db]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aerisdies

New Around Here
Hello!

I'm a long time lurker here and decided to finally register and post something that irks me regarding my stock RT-AX55.

Whenever I check for AIProtection signature updates, regardless of time, it shows these in the log:
Code:
Oct 16 21:57:05 rc_service: httpd 1522:notify_rc start_sig_check
Oct 16 21:57:07 kernel:  *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_get_app_db:757] Invalid output argument: 0053b338 0 bytes
Oct 16 21:57:07 kernel: The For ALL DEVICES flag of Prof 1 has been set to ENABLE
Oct 16 21:57:07 kernel: Successfully alloc ctrie: state num=24, mem=384
Oct 16 21:57:07 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 43b

Here is my Signature version:
Code:
2.372  Updated : 2022/05/27 14:01
Signature is up to date.

I tried my Google-fu but I don't find any when I searched "tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_get_app_db".

Anyone know that error?
Thanks in advance!

Try rebooting via the GUI, or, perform a hard power off reset.

Oh, sorry for not mentioning the things I tried.
- already tried rebooting on the UI and even on the hardware
- tried turning on/off the Trendmicro things like AI Protection -> Privacy-Withdraw

the one I haven't tried is doing a factory reset. Should I?

Seems like the next logical step (if you're not already as updated as possible for AiProtection).

First, consider doing the following (first link below) and then, perform a full reset, followed by a minimal and manual configuration (do not import the saved backup config file you created - it will effectively negate the full reset you performed).

At this point, you should be able to quickly get back to where you are now. And you're free to experiment.

If the same issue occurs with just a single reset (see first link below), then consider a nuclear reset (second link below) to see if we can shock the router back to a good/known state.

Keep us posted on your results.

Seems like the next logical step (if you're not already as updated as possible for AiProtection).

First, consider doing the following (first link below) and then, perform a full reset, followed by a minimal and manual configuration (do not import the saved backup config file you created - it will effectively negate the full reset you performed).

At this point, you should be able to quickly get back to where you are now. And you're free to experiment.

If the same issue occurs with just a single reset (see first link below), then consider a nuclear reset (second link below) to see if we can shock the router back to a good/known state.

Keep us posted on your results.
Oh! thanks for those, I'll do that this Friday once wifey is out, so no one is working from home. ;)

So I did the AX55 Hard Reset, just now and I'm seeing a lot of new settings!

and it worked!
1700138171938.png

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!