What's new

RT-AX86U 386.4 slow speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoe85

I have 500/500 and dont get near maximum speed, so i took the bull by the horns and reinstalled the merlin firmware 386.4.
Directly after reinstall and entering password and such, i do a speedtest and i get this result https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/e39834cb-ceb2-4b26-8cba-113536a2309c
but if i do no changes at all and just reboot the router, i get this result https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/1ff24dbc-bda0-414d-b143-8f8ec7954e0f

And i wonder what has changed?

I have reinstalled the firmware twice with the same result.

I use the restore button with the box ticked for "Initialize all the settings, and clear all the data log for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, and Web History."

I am using ASUS PCE-AX58BT AX3000 with the latest drivers for these tests.

EDIT: I posted this too soon, apparantly i was at 2.4ghz after reboot.
failsearch will continue and i find nothing after making changes and rebooting i will update this thread. Respectivly i will update this thread when i find a change where there is actual speedloss after reboot and being on the actual 5ghz

Last edited:
As the title says I am experiencing slowness with Asus PCE-AX58BT using the RT-AX86U router, with AX58BT I am having figures of 150 MBps download and 600Mbps upload and with a oneplus 7 pro (launched in 2019) 500 mbps download. Can anyone shed some ideas on why this is happening?

Don't necropost, especially since this thread was about a specific firmware version that's two years old, and which you probably aren't running either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!