What's new

RT-AX86U bricked after update Version 3.0.0.4.386.48377

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well this weird. I just got an AX86. I manually applied the firmware update a couple days ago when released and had no problems. I have firmware auto-update disabled, but today I see that my 86U is back to 46061. Did Asus push out a forced downgrade``/
Well, the talked firmware update was released just yesterday not a couple of days ago. so...?

Well this weird. I just got an AX86. I manually applied the firmware update a couple days ago when released and had no problems. I have firmware auto-update disabled, but today I see that my 86U is back to 46061. Did Asus push out a forced downgrade?
Mine didn't downgrade on it's own. I did it myself earlier today.

but they do not share the same hardware... so the code is combined for each model?
The core hardware is pretty much the same. Just a two core revision of the quad core CPU, and one less switch controller to initialize. Same driver, same SDK.

Well this weird. I just got an AX86. I manually applied the firmware update a couple days ago when released and had no problems. I have firmware auto-update disabled, but today I see that my 86U is back to 46061. Did Asus push out a forced downgrade?
Did you download the firmware then update manually or update through the update page of the router?
At first I updated through the router and version did not change so then downloaded the firmware file and updated manually then version did change.

Did you download the firmware then update manually or update through the update page of the router?
At first I updated through the router and version did not change so then downloaded the firmware file and updated manually then version did change.
@KevTech: I had the exact same experience... When I updated via the administration/firmware upgrade page on the router, the version did not change. I then downloaded the firmware and updated manually, and version 48377 was shown. I run my AX86U as an access point and have been stable on the new release, but there are a lot of new "kernel: CONSOLE:" messages in the log.

@KevTech: I had the exact same experience... When I updated via the administration/firmware upgrade page on the router, the version did not change. I then downloaded the firmware and updated manually, and version 48377 was shown. I run my AX86U as an access point and have been stable on the new release, but there are a lot of new "kernel: CONSOLE:" messages in the log.
+1
same experience, went back to 3.0.0.4.386_46061

+11
Same here i manually downloaded and flashed the firmware.
but the log file was showing kernel messages every second, so I flashed back the previous firmware..
my question is does it hurt/damage the router?? The router was on the new firmware for more than 12 hours …

+11
Same here i manually downloaded and flashed the firmware.
but the log file was showing kernel messages every second, so I flashed back the previous firmware..
my question is does it hurt/damage the router?? The router was on the new firmware for more than 12 hours …

To be honest, I tend to simply ignore the log spam, its just that, as long as the router is working fine...

but there are a lot of new "kernel: CONSOLE:" messages in the log.
Ya me too I think Asus left debugging on for this release.
Even though I was not having any issues with this release, since the firmware was pulled I reverted back to 46061.

I think they will throw it under the rug and pretend nothing happened.

I think they will fix it and move on.

OE

I think they will fix it and move on.

OE
How will they (ASUS) fix it?
My perfectly functioning router is dead because of their faulty firmware and poor QA. I RMA-ed it last Tuesday, and I’m without a router since then (getting by on mobile). The store will probably give me a brand new one (or I’ll get my money back), but still, I’ll lose 7-10 days on something that should not have happened in the first place & lose a ton of nerves and productivity. *sigh*

How will they (ASUS) fix it?

Ask ASUS... it's presumably their defect.

My perfectly functioning router is dead because of their faulty firmware and poor QA. I RMA-ed it last Tuesday, and I’m without a router since then (getting by on mobile). The store will probably give me a brand new one (or I’ll get my money back), but still, I’ll lose 7-10 days on something that should not have happened in the first place & lose a ton of nerves and productivity. *sigh*

Consider keeping backup hardware like a previous router on hand... like a spare tire to keep you going when these things happen.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!