What's new

RT-AX88U, 386.3_2 - missing VPN Settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tduke

New Around Here
hello,

Im having issues using the new VPNDirector feature. When i upgraded to the newer firmware versions, the upgrade just transferred my old policy-based rules into the new and I didnt have to change anything (so also didnt notice anything amiss), however, ive had to make some adjustments to VPN the other day, and now i notice that it appears im missing some settings that should be there. Namely, 'VPN Director' option in the 'Redirect Internet traffic through tunnel' drop down, and the username/password textboxes.

Is anyone else with an AX88U having this issue?, or is it just me, and im doing something wrong somewhere?

Ive done a factory reset a few times, done the 'format jffs partition at next boot' a few times, hit the Default button at the bottom of the VPN Client tab a few times, but no luck. Is there some old setting somewhere that survived all of that? is there another way I should be resetting? Ive also installed previous versions of merlin back to 384.19 and none of the 386 ones show what i think should be in the drop down.

1635019353682.png