What's new

[RT-AX88U] Running iperf/iperf3 on asuswrt-merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shivang

New Around Here
I SSHed into the router but I cannot find the iperf/iperf3 binary included. I did a little digging and most threads just say that it is included in most dd-wrt builds. Is there a way I can get iperf on the router.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a package manager I can use to download it. I tried ipkg/opkg.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to setup Entware.

Code:
entware-setup.sh

I SSHed into the router but I cannot find the iperf/iperf3 binary included. I did a little digging and most threads just say that it is included in most dd-wrt builds. Is there a way I can get iperf on the router.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a package manager I can use to download it. I tried ipkg/opkg.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest you follow the amtm Step-by-Step guide to get a properly formatted drive and a swap file and then get Entware installed.

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

Thanks I got iperf3 running. :)

For those interested:
I am testing with a Galaxy S10 (which supports 11ax) and I can get up to 875Mbps throughput.
@RMerlin I saw a post where you reported similar speeds with the P30 which only supports 11ac. So I guess 11ax doesn't help as much (at least with a single client).

Anyways, any other ax clients out there that anyone knows of? I just know about the S10 for now. Otherwise, I am thinking of configuring 1 AX88U as a client and running an iperf from one AP to another (maybe more antennas there will help breach the gigabit speed barrier).

Last edited:
Right, 801.11ax is primarily about efficiency and capacity rather than throughput.

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

11ax provides no link rate advantage over 11ac.