What's new

RT-N16 dual wan IPTW and setting problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

boot

New Around Here
1. I don't want to use load ballancing and want to use just IPTV from second provider. How can I modify settings for this?
2. I have one dinamic and one static ip address on providers. But when I try to change WAN type I see the same settings for both wans. I cann't set one dynamic and one static address.

version 3.0.0.3.178.15

Dual WAN support will be disabled in future RT-N16 builds, since too many issues have been reported specific to that router, and I have no way to troubleshoot it.

Not sure why dualwan issues should be different in N16 vs N66U, but makes sense to concentrate on one you can test - I suspect most issues will be common, and when 'mature' we can flick the compile switch back on. wanduck looks pretty key to overseeing it all.

I wish I knew what were Asus's plans there. The DUALWAN option isn't even listed in the list of build time options, I only know about it because the switch is referenced to all over the code, and when I tried to add it it seemed to work.

I suspect that most issues specific to the RT-N16 have to do with the webui. Some of the pages are different depending on for which router the firmware is being built.

Hello
How does this possibility works now?
I have 2 providers and dual wan enabled.
One provider for internet(Second WAN), one for IPTV(WAN). But they don't want to work together. Only internet or only IPTV.
What changes do I need to perform more?

Version 3.0.0.4_376.48_3

Last edited: