What's new

RT-N56U and problems with a Summer baby monitor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stigs007

Occasional Visitor
I'm experiencing a lot of interference on my wireless, more specifically the internet just crawls and it always happens when my baby monitor is turned on. I would make it N only but I've got a few devices that only support G, plus I'm concerned I'd experience some degraded range by going 5GHz only.

Any particular ideas on how to help? Is there a way to determine what channel the baby monitor is operating on?

Then I guess this is a more general question. Do most people keep the 5GHz and 2.4GHz on the same SSID, or do you split them up?

Hi,
Did you have a look at what is going on your radio with something like inSSIDer?
Having same SSID on both bands would create confusion. Better use different SSID.

Hi,
Did you have a look at what is going on your radio with something like inSSIDer?
Having same SSID on both bands would create confusion. Better use different SSID.

I'll check out inSSIDer, and thanks for the tip on separating bands.

A better solution would be to get a DECT 6.0 monitor, which uses a different band that won't interfere with 2.4GHz.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dect%206.0%20baby%20monitor