What's new

RT-N66u FW 382 question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jtaxel

New Around Here
I just bought a used asus RT-n66u router,

it has fw: 3.0.0.4.382_50702 on it, which i see is the latest.

Does asus merlin support this firmware? or do i need to downgrade? if so, where can ya get the old FWs?

Or if ddwrt supports this?

Thanks

Joe

Does this have data use by device? thats what im really looking for,

web history would be nice, but i use a dns for that.

so just update this just like any other firwmare update through the GUI then?

Thanks!

John's fork does support IPTraffic, yes.

ok, how the heck do ya access the CFE Mini-Web Server to update the firmware?

i read something like turn power off, hold a button power on, ? But to acually access the CFE Mini-Web Server , is there a URL or ?

im used to Linksys routers,

this is the first asus

thanks,
so i figured out i got the CFE Mini-Web Server, uploaded, now just waiting for it to reboot or all lights to come back alive, yep can take a good while.

But have those 2 links just incase. TY. will report back when its done. also can i still use the asus android app with this? That is one thing the wife still wants lol

No, John's fork doesn’t support the ASUS app. Try it for some time. If you miss the ASUS features you can always revert to the ASUS original firmware.

ooo well she can deal with it, rather have some more features, i do like ddwrt also so, may try that one too. still no lights blinking, waiting on that

I hear it can take a long time on the N66U. Don’t lose hope. It’ll complete. Any other issues afterward, post in the main thread for John’s fork.