What's new

Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alien2108

New Around Here
Hey all!

I have this in my logs on .57 and .58 constantly EVERY MINUTE (AC3200):

Mar 26 04:10:52 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)
Mar 26 04:11:22 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)
Mar 26 04:11:52 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)
Mar 26 04:12:21 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)

I use the /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event script to do stuff when WAN IP is supposed to change (PPPoe with DHCP). But it seems udhcpc (/sbin/udhcpc -i eth0 -p /var/run/udhcpc0.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc -O33 -O249) is constantly failing?

I have found out that if I set "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection" to NO. This does not happen anymore, but /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event is also not executed anymore! Even though I do get PPPoE IP assigned and everything works.

Something seems wrong here?

Hey all!

I have this in my logs on .57 and .58 constantly EVERY MINUTE (AC3200):

Mar 26 04:10:52 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)
Mar 26 04:11:22 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)
Mar 26 04:11:52 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)
Mar 26 04:12:21 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: leasefail)

I use the /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event script to do stuff when WAN IP is supposed to change (PPPoe with DHCP). But it seems udhcpc (/sbin/udhcpc -i eth0 -p /var/run/udhcpc0.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc -O33 -O249) is constantly failing?

I have found out that if I set "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection" to NO. This does not happen anymore, but /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event is also not executed anymore! Even though I do get PPPoE IP assigned and everything works.

Something seems wrong here?

If you use PPPoE, then you aren't using DHCP. In this case, it's normal for dhcpc-event to not get called - the IP is allocated by the PPP protocol, not by DHCP.

VPN + DHCP is an hybrid setup required by a Russian ISP where in addition to a PPTP connection, the router also needs to send a DHCP request to the ISP. With PPPoE, you don't, so you get a (normal) failure.

And we cleared that :) Interestingly, "WAN+DHCP" was switched on by default, not by me. I moved stuff to wan-start script, which I assume is called after every PPPoE IP change!

Thank you very much for prompt response!

And we cleared that :) Interestingly, "WAN+DHCP" was switched on by default, not by me. I moved stuff to wan-start script, which I assume is called after every PPPoE IP change!

Thank you very much for prompt response!

Asus has it enabled by default, probably so people with ISPs requiring it will work out-of-the-box.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!