What's new

Should I be worried : R7800 and 5GHz was down when I came home

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LeKeiser

Hello everyone :)

I came home yesterday and the 5GHz frequency on my R7800 was down. 2.4GHz was up and running, but no more 5GHz. I didn't have time to log on and check the logs, I restarted the router and everything was working again.
But should I be worried? It's the first time this happened.
I'm running Mr @Voxel 's latest firmware and I'm really happy with the router and this great firmware.

Thanx for your feedback :)

Hello everyone :)

I came home yesterday and the 5GHz frequency on my R7800 was down. 2.4GHz was up and running, but no more 5GHz. I didn't have time to log on and check the logs, I restarted the router and everything was working again.
But should I be worried? It's the first time this happened.
I'm running Mr @Voxel 's latest firmware and I'm really happy with the router and this great firmware.

Thanx for your feedback :)

Next time review the log for clues.

OE

I have the same problem as you (one channel is down, other work just fine), it seems to be random and can be solved by rebooting.
I wonder the QCA9984 and wifi FEM chips are degraded over time?

Random wonkiness is a key symptom - for some vendors, DHCP gets weird, or one gets random outages...
Well, it's just painful to get an identical power supply.
Guess i need to buy a new router or find a "broken" second-hand R7800 for it's power supply.
TBH buying a variable voltage dc power supply just to make R7800 work is just dumb.

Well, it's just painful to get an identical power supply.

Not that hard - on Amazon, you can find hundreds of them - the only thing you need to do is specify the voltage and current, and the plug size...

I've got a handful of Intel NUC's, and spare power supplies for them was about 10 USD...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!