What's new

Slow download but fast upload.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asususer2008

Occasional Visitor
What setting can I check on my router to fix my slow download? I have a 1gb fiber connection and on Wi-Fi I get 744 down but can get 905 up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 90
What setting can I check on my router to fix my slow download? I have a 1gb fiber connection and on Wi-Fi I get 744 down but can get 905 up.
Router model and firmware used, please.

Xt8

Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_49873-g72159cc

Attachments

• 63F15144-1DD5-4F9C-B2B2-7DA02E3D8FAF.png
    63F15144-1DD5-4F9C-B2B2-7DA02E3D8FAF.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 104
What do you get when you bypass the router?
940+ up and down practically the same. I’m hoping to get an Ethernet cable ran to a node upstairs. Modem and main router downstairs, with the downstairs all hardwired in. Seems that something is off with the 160mhz channel. If i take it off auto and manually change channels I get mixed results. Can’t find the best channel, but if I set it to auto it picks a crappy channel. And then sometimes all the channels aren’t there in I’m the drop down selector. I’ve done factory resets. Might just wait a bit and get new routers. My fiber provider is going to offer 10gb in the future. Not sure Wi-Fi is up to par yet for 10gb so might just wait.

Auto on most WiFi systems is the worst option if you're surrounded by systems. Grab a WiFi analyzer app for your phone so you can see what's around you and pick the best channel. In my instance 44 is the cleanest and most stable. I can hit lan speeds over 1gig using a 2.5gbos backhaul.

Right now the fastest WiFi might do on a single client 2x2 might be 1.5gbps and that should double with wifi 7 @ 320mhz. If these OEMs would make a 4x4 client card or use diplexers speeds could double to 3-6gbps.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!