What's new

Slow to establish network connection on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

b cheang

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

When I boot/restart my pc, my internet is slow to establish a connection. It's not till like 30-40 seconds after I get to the desktop before the network connection gets establish. Did some troubleshooting and found out that if I connect directly one of the port on the 5 port GE switch which is connected to the RT-AC86U, the problem goes away. What gives?

RT-AC86 is running the latest 384.18.

Any advices?

Hi,

When I boot/restart my pc, my internet is slow to establish a connection. It's not till like 30-40 seconds after I get to the desktop before the network connection gets establish. Did some troubleshooting and found out that if I connect directly one of the port on the 5 port GE switch which is connected to the RT-AC86U, the problem goes away. What gives?

RT-AC86 is running the latest 384.18.

Any advices?

You described the connection that works. Given no other information, like what was the connection that didn't work well, my advice is to leave it as it is now and call it fixed.

OE

You described the connection that works. Given no other information, like what was the connection that didn't work well, my advice is to leave it as it is now and call it fixed.

OE

The issue happens when I connect directly to the any of ETH port of the RT-AC86U. Hence was wondering what could be difference.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!