What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - v4.x - speedtest and bandwidth monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Packet loss is server dependent... If you're using auto select there's a chance it will use one that doesn't support it.

The packet loss question is annoying me already. This is what I get for bowing to user requests :(
Once you said it I do recall. But before first coffee it is hard to connect all dots:)

I'm just a bit worried this packet loss thing will be a repeat of "my speeds don't match speedtest on my computer" :(
True - perhaps put "x" or "N/A" instead of empty. The thing that got me is that it coincided with rows that sent data gigabytes rather than megabytes. And it was after I have only just read about fixes for test url and snooped though develop branch code changes

True - perhaps put "x" or "N/A" instead of empty. The thing that got me is that it coincided with rows that sent data gigabytes rather than megabytes. And it was after I have only just read about fixes for test url and snooped though develop branch code changes
Good idea, I'll show N/A. I'm willing to bet i still get asked why it sometimes says N/A though, ;)

@juched fix now on develop, thanks for reporting

@Slawek P N/A now displays instead of blank, for packet loss
N/A looks good. Also finally caught up with your $7 comments :) I did not manage to test GBs display as no matter how many times I click Ookla CLI does not wish to send more 1GB of data with random test providers, I guess speeds are stable today so it sees no need to send too large data or whatever Ookla logic is there. I will keep looking at automatic runs until it comes up eventually

Does that mean it only works in North America? :D
I bet it means people are hitting North American servers when they shouldn't be. ;)

In the meantime, somewhere in non-continental Europe..
speed.png

Can I be cheeky and ask if you can check with Asus if the addons directory can be excluded, or if there's a list of filenames to avoid please?

It's already been fixed on their end, the issue will disappear once your router updates its detection signature. Simplest way to force that right now is to reboot the router.

Last edited:
I had already asked them to do whitelist that folder, they apparently forgot it.

It's already been fixed on their end, the issue will disappear once your router updates its detection signature. Simplest way to force that right now is to reboot the router.
So would you say developers will be safe to stick within the Merlin subfolders under jffs without further "interventions" (configs, scripts, addons)? I can understand not wanting to disclose the nature of the security monitoring, but might there be other gotchas waiting for addon developers?

So would you say developers will be safe to stick within the Merlin subfolders under jffs without further "interventions" (configs, scripts, addons)? I can understand not wanting to disclose the nature of the security monitoring, but might there be other gotchas waiting for addon developers?

Impossible to say if it will be 100% safe or not, as I don't have access to the code to monitor/update it, and signature updates are pushed by them (they publish separate signatures specific to Asuswrt-Merlin).

Personally, I am still testing things out during this development phase to determine whether or not I will enable the service in the final release. So far I've had them address a few of my issues with their implementation, but there are still a few things I am not satisfied with, like the constant CPU spikes caused by it.

Assuming this is what you referring to....Both of my routers have the config file disappearing issue and are on Trend Micro: Signature version 2.204. One of the routers shows "Updated 2020/11/12" while other router shows 2020/10/30. Clicking "Check" finds no new signatures yet but they may not be pushed yet? Just adding more detail in case others notice same issue.

1606234349719.png

Hi. I upgraded to version 4 today. Tried to do a CSV dump and get 404 error on the URL "http://192.168.1.254/ext/spdmerlin/csv/spdmerlindata.zip"

I can't find an spdmerlindata.zip file in the router filesystems. Is there some configuration I need to do ?

Pete

PS: Not tried a CSV dump before so no idea if it worked in previous versions

Running RT-AC68U with 384.19

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!