What's new

[Test] Asuswrt-Merlin LTS fork - Multiple items

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Running 35T2. Where do you turn on Stubby logging?
I had an issue last week with the latest release with CleanBrowsing resolvers. Just quit resolving which I fixed by switching to Cloudflare. In a panic I went to the Merlin 384.6 for a few days. Now am back to Johns fork with Quad9 resolvers.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Edit: Had the same problem this afternoon. Would not resolve. Had strict DNSSEC enabled to Quad9. Turned off Strict DNSSEC and went to Cloudflare.

Last edited:
Running for 2 days with strict mode enabled both in UI and NVRAM, no problems so far and smoother than before. If you need a log or something, just tell me what and where to find and I'll provide.

Thanks for the changes btw.

If you use the Highest priority category and at the same time you are using the low medium priority, but you do not have the other priorities active like this:
GQxCv5o.png

QoS Minimum reserved does not work, below Highest the priorities only use a 5% minimum.
Sorry, I can't see any problem. The rules are being generated correctly. (Highest and default are always generated, other queues are generated only if there is a rule that references them)

Sorry, I can't see any problem. The rules are being generated correctly. (Highest and default are always generated, other queues are generated only if there is a rule that references them)
There is something being miscalculated. Haven't had the opportunity to work out the specifics. It's only effecting the minimum rate on ingress.

For example, if I don't have any rules that reference the Low priority (ingress 3 is absent) then the minimum rate for Lowest (ingress 4) is set at the Low-minimum not the Lowest-minimum. So it's using up the value from the previous (unused) priority.

So here are the priorities, but the are no rules that use "Low".
Untitled.png

Here we can see ingress 4 is wrong:
Code:
# ingress 0: 10-100%
        $TCADL parent 2:2 classid 2:10 htb rate 26000kbit ceil 260000kbit burst 5200k cburst 5200k prio 1 quantum 1514
        $TQADL parent 2:10 handle 10: $SFQ
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 10 protocol all handle 1 fw flowid 2:10
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 10 protocol all handle 257 fw flowid 2:10
# ingress 1: 30-100%
        $TCADL parent 2:2 classid 2:20 htb rate 78000kbit ceil 260000kbit burst 5200k cburst 5200k prio 2 quantum 1514
        $TQADL parent 2:20 handle 20: $SFQ
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 20 protocol all handle 2 fw flowid 2:20
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 20 protocol all handle 258 fw flowid 2:20
# ingress 2: 40-100%
        $TCADL parent 2:2 classid 2:30 htb rate 104000kbit ceil 260000kbit burst 5200k cburst 5200k prio 3 quantum 1514
        $TQADL parent 2:30 handle 30: $SFQ
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 30 protocol all handle 3 fw flowid 2:30
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 30 protocol all handle 259 fw flowid 2:30
# ingress 4: 25-50%
        $TCADL parent 2:2 classid 2:50 htb rate 65000kbit ceil 130000kbit burst 2600k cburst 2600k prio 5 quantum 1514
        $TQADL parent 2:50 handle 50: $SFQ
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 50 protocol all handle 5 fw flowid 2:50
        $TFADL parent 2: prio 50 protocol all handle 261 fw flowid 2:50

Colin Thanks for explaining.

In the version Test-35T3 I can confirm that Minimum reserved in download is fixed and too field wrap.

Last edited:
Creator, all these Popup help have an error in the firmware.

The X is a Click and shows which ones have errors.

01. Traffic Manager - QoS:
Tab "Automatic mode": Popup help is in the wrong place.
emE6X9j.png

Tab "User-defined QoS rules": Popup help is in the wrong place.
L7rQtk5.png

Tab "Priorities": Popup help is in the wrong place and says "upload" in Download Maximum Limit.
RVo3arF.png

02. LAN:
LAN - Route: Popup help is in the wrong place.
hUHrmjP.png

Last edited:
03. WAN:
WAN - Internet Connection: Popup help in Enable DNSSEC support say "DNSCrypt".
AQG6oie.png

WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding: Popup help is in the wrong place and missing information.
kQSCegy.png

04. VPN:
VPN Server - VPN Details: Popup help missing information.
fhRej4L.png

05. Firewall:
Firewall - Network Services Filter: Popup help is in the wrong place.
3mkzID9.png

Firewall - IPv6 Firewall: Popup help is in the wrong place.
o7KUHoO.png

Last edited:
06. Network Tools:
Network Tools - Wake on LAN: Popup help is in the wrong place.
awpB1kN.png

Last edited:
@miau1
I'll fix the DNSCrypt reference for the final release. As far as the others, I tend not to touch the ones from Asus, and the positioning is not a priority for me (it's an internal ASUS routine that determines where to display the popup, probably influenced by the display size).

EDIT: Fixed the DNSCrypt ref and max download popups.

Last edited:
As miau1 mentioned, 35T3 is available for download at the same address.

Fixes the min reserved download bandwidth if you have unused priorities and the field wrap/table misalignment (moved the bandwidth units to the column header).

Edit: Had the same problem this afternoon. Would not resolve. Had strict DNSSEC enabled to Quad9. Turned off Strict DNSSEC and went to Cloudflare.

I think that happens, because you do not have DNS and DoT in a rule with Highest priority, over any rule.

You can see my settings on the previous page.

I think that happens, because you do not have DNS and DoT in a rule with Highest priority, over any rule.
No, it's not that. Quad9 just seems kinda iffy sometimes and times out for whatever reason, probably something on their end. I've had no such issues with Cloudflare to this point.

35E3. Should turning on QOS turn off NAT? Doesn't do it on this test release.

Edit: QOS operator error. I saved my settings but forgot to turn QOS on... Duh!

Just had Quad9 not resolve after I turned on QOS. Added rule, NTP QOS et.al., for QOS to see if that helps

Last edited:
@HowIFix You "liked" my question in post #37 but didn't answer it.

How is dnsmasq v2.80test5 relevant to this thread? Does it fix a particular issue with DoT in John's firmware?

Why do you appear to be laughing at RMerlin, that seems rather rude?:confused:

Last edited:
Stop putting words in my mouth, that I never said or bad meaning for what I write... :mad:
Is that always @RMerlin gets angry with me, when I post that release a new version test.

I only do it for them to see, if there is an important fix.

Last edited:
Stop putting words in my mouth, that I never said or bad meaning for what I write... :mad:
I also thought you were laughing at Merlin. Just my $0.02 worth...