What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help - I just did a very dumb thing - I had 386.1 alpha 3 on my ax88u and went to flash 386.1 alpha 3a but grabbed 384.19 by mistake and flashed. Now none of my network ports will activate. First 3 leds light up white and 4th led lights up red again with no port activity. Please tell me there is a way to fix. Thanks...

Did you flash RT_AX88U_384.19 build? Try to do a reboot with power switch.
If that not working its time to do a factory default and configure.

Alpha 3 on a AC86U. Router became unresponsive and the interface practically unusable both over wifi and cable.

I had to factory reset and go back to .19...

Just bought the AX86U router - Seeing that Merlin will most likely support the router with the 386.1 firmware. Will test the Alpha firmware when it arrives tomorrow :D

Thank you octopus you sparked my memory. I was doing a factory reset albeit wrong using the reset button instead of the WPS button. Now on to my next (mis)adventure.

Alpha 3 on a AC86U. Router became unresponsive and the interface practically unusable both over wifi and cable.

Same results here. I thought I would try it but it really screwed up my network. Had to do full resets, re-install 384.19 twice to make sure, then another full reset. I think I still have some flakey wifi issues. Wished I had never tried it.

Figured I'd try to help as I have not seen this reported in the thread. AX86U. The Site Survey under Wifi Radar does not seem functional - interfaces are not showing. Other functionality seems to be working well. Dirty upgrade from 384 ASUSWRT to Merlin Alpha 3

Wj3DZhVYqM.png

Did you hit Scan?

Same router, no issues at all.

@RMerlin any reason why i cannot use trendmicro when router uses loadbalancing.

Thank you octopus you sparked my memory. I was doing a factory reset albeit wrong using the reset button instead of the WPS button. Now on to my next (mis)adventure.
If you test Alpha3 again, make sure you set MTU to 1500. There is a bug now and get fixed in next build version.

Morning, just tried the Alpha3 firmware for the AX86u. AIMesh appears broken. Setting it up, AC68 is sat next to the AX but wifi strength states poor and disconnects after a few minutes never to return. Also will not work wired either. Reverting to the RC2 beta firmware 386_40947 resolves the issue

Can you enable IT on dualwan?
Merlin doesn't have control over trend micro or it's compnenets. You best bet is get in touch with Asus and let them your point and ask them to see what can be done about trend micro and dual wan.

I gave it another try and all is fine but have the VPN options seriously been nurfed?

I do appreciate the simplicity but how can you assign specific devices to access the internet through specific VPNs?

edit: My bad I went to a really old version I had locally which I never used. All good with Alpha 3 this time as well for an AC86U

Last edited:
New today; RT-AX86U. Flashed from stock (new) to alpha3. Previously used RT-AC86U since 2017.

Two issues:

1. Can't change any settings under 'Administration > System' unless I put a new login account name and password in. Scenario is when I had already changed from default 'admin' to another login name and had rebooted and logged in. You have to change between at least 2 different account login names every time you want to change settings on this page and then go on to keep your non-default name.

2. NTP sync - Despite having two NTP servers set; uk.pool.ntp.org. and Google's time server IP address of 216.239.35.0, its very hit and miss if NTP on router will sync after reboot. It even protests on the web page after reboot of "Reminder: The system time has not been synchronized with an NTP server.". I have DNS ticked for network detection on this page and www.google.co.uk as the address to check.

These issues were also on two previous RT-AC86U routers I own (one redeployed, and one now given to parents).

Did you do a full reset to factory defaults and manually and minimally configure the router after flashing the RMerlin firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!